Physician- Ophthalmology, Comprehensive -133
West Virginia University School of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences is seeking an Ophthalmologist to join our practice in Summersville, WV (rank available: Assistant, Associate, Professor).
Duties: The successful candidate will practice in the area of comprehensive ophthalmology. In addition to providing excellent patient care, he or she will also be involved in teaching allied health professionals.
Qualifications: applicants must have an MD or DO foreign equivalent and be eligible to obtain state medical license. Candidates must have completed an accredited ophthalmology residency program be board certified/eligible in ophthalmology. For appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor rank, a demonstrated track-record of leadership and excellent communication skills are required. All qualifications must be met by the time of appointment.
Since 1967, Summersville Regional Medical Center (SRMC) has served patients from all over southern West Virginia. Centrally located in Nicholas County, SRMC works to deliver individualized patient care and improve the lives of those in its community. Originating as an extended care facility called the Summersville Convalescent Home, the facility became known as Summersville Memorial Hospital when hospital services and obstetrical care were added. Through the years, the campus has grown to include the Ambulatory Care Center, home to several physician offices, patient rehabilitation, and many other services. Summersville Memorial Hospital became Summersville Regional Medical Center in 2010. With 25 acute beds and 52 extended care beds, SRMC employs more than 500 people. Our hospital offers a complete array of services including surgical procedures, imaging services (including CT and MRI), outpatient and inpatient laboratory testing, rehabilitation, an outpatient infusion facility, 24-hour emergency care, and retail pharmacy.
The City of Summersville, WV is located in the heart of West Virginia and surrounded by the cool and pristine waters flowing from our mountains. These waters provide world class outdoor recreational activities, such as whitewater rafting on the Gauley or New rivers, boating on Summersville Lake, or hiking along the Muddlety Creek Trail. Along the banks of these waters lay beautiful dense hardwood forests, providing the trails, cliffs and game for the dry land adventurer. Whether you enjoy the slower pace of life, or the fast paced fun, our Mountain Water Playground will wash away your reality!
Build your legacy as you serve, teach, learn and make a difference from day one. To learn more, visit https://medicine.hsc.wvu.edu/eye/ and http://wvumedicine.org/morgantowncareers.
For additional questions, please contact Megan Core, Senior Physician Recruiter, at email@example.com.
WVU & UHA are AA/EO employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – and WVU is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Summersville
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Summersville
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Summersville
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Summersville
- Surgery Not specified Full Time jobs in Summersville