Head Baseball Coach
To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next' button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
Working Title Head Baseball Coach Department Baseball Compensation Title Position Number 30001287 Position Status Regular Work Schedule
Varies, nights and weekends will be required.
Hours per Week 37.5 Months per Year 12 Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching its educational environment and culture through the diversity of its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive excellence.
Purpose of Position
The Head Baseball Coach reports directly to the Assistant Athletic Director – Development and is responsible for the organization and administration of the baseball program in accordance with the rules and regulations of the University, Horizon League and NCAA .
The Head Baseball Coach must have a commitment to developing a competitive NCAA Division I baseball program, while maintaining an emphasis on the academic success of the student-athlete. The Head Baseball Coach will be expected to administer the program in a manner that promotes the health, safety and welfare of the student-athlete.
Compliance with NCAA rules is of the utmost importance at Northern Kentucky University. As a member of the athletics department staff it is expected that the Head Baseball Coach will have a full understanding of the NCAA rules that pertain to the position. It is also expected that the Head Baseball Coach will comply with all NCAA rules and if he/she becomes aware, or have reasonable cause to believe, that a violation of a rule has occurred he/she will immediately report it to the Director of Athletics or his/her designee.
The Head Baseball Coach duties include, but not limited to:
• Hire and evaluate Assistant Baseball Coaches.
• Recruit student-athletes in accordance with NCAA regulations and academic standards, as well as University academic requirements.
• Establish procedures to monitor the academics of each of the baseball student-athletes. Effectively communicate with Athletics Academic Advisor to ensure any academic concerns are being addressed.
• Plan and coordinate in-season practices, including team and individual workouts.
• Plan and coordinate out-of-season practices, including individual skill instruction and team workouts, focusing on the development of athletic skills to compete at the Division I level.
• Coordinate strength and conditioning program with the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach.
• Plan and implement game plans for each game, including development of scouting reports of opponents.
• Complete all necessary compliance forms as required and/or requested by the Athletics Compliance Office.
• Prepare game schedule on an annual basis.
• Monitor budget to ensure the baseball program is fiscally responsible and expenditures are within the programs budget allocation.
• Support all marketing activities of the Department of Athletics for the baseball program.
• Participate in fund raising activities for the baseball program and/or Department of Athletics.
• Be actively engaged within the University, as well as the surrounding communities.
• Attend Department of Athletics staff meetings and training as directed by the Director of Athletics.
• Attend NCAA and Horizon League meetings as needed.
Five (5) years collegiate coaching experience
Three (3) years of Division I collegiate coaching experience;
One (1) year collegiate head coaching experience
Review of applications will begin immediately. Preference will be given to applications received by April 30, 2021.
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Minimum Education Preferred Education Minimum Experience 5 years Salary tbd Pay Grade
Requisition Number 2021S1342 Job Open Date 04/14/2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/10198 Is this an internal only posting? Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport