The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
is the development of professional health care practitioners
through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom,
clinical, and distance education.
The Senior Manager, Facilities is responsible for managingthe
design, planning, construction and maintenance of an assigned
campus. Theposition oversees the planning, budgeting, and
scheduling of facilitypreventive maintenance programs, capital
renovations, and space expansions. TheSenior Manager will be
responsible for space utilization, space layouts, and
assignments,as well as managing all project costs such as furniture
and equipment. Theincumbent directs internal resources, vendors,
general contractors, andsubcontractors as needed. Direct
coordination with diverse universitystakeholders, both academic and
non-academic, such as Compliance, Security,Legal, and Information
Technology will be necessary for project success. The
SeniorManager, Facilities will assume accountability for campus
facilities operationsand aptly manage the campus infrastructure to
meet current and future needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and submits operating budgets and long and short-term
capital renewal plans.
- Serves as point of contact for property management and
landlords regarding building issues and maintenance.
- Prepares, evaluates, and executes facilities project work for
all departments and related business concerns.
- Works with local vendors to negotiate contracted services;
create requisitions and assist with contract renewal, as
- Validates contract compliance and approvesrequests for payment,
as appropriate, by inspecting construction deliverablesand
- Manages and assesses receipt of all orders asspecified.
- Maintains preventive maintenance and compliance logs.
- Directs maintenance, repairs, and capital improvements of
assigned campus facilities.
- Initiates and manages effective maintenanceprograms including
the preparation, review, and execution of contract documentsfor
facilities equipment, including HVAC, electrical systems, roofing
&waterproofing, pest control, landscaping and irrigation as
- Oversees campus parking program, if applicable,and ensures
service contracts meet all compliance standards and specifications
forcustodial operations, HVAC, landscape maintenance and pest
- Manages building system warranties.
- Purchases supplies and materials necessary for building
- Serves as member of the campus emergency response team.
- Manages all facilities emergency preparedness activities and
coordinates post-event repairs and response evaluations.
- Monitors weather for appropriate response; ensures compliance
with governing authorities and local jurisdictions such as Police
and Fire Departments.
- Serves as first responder to after-hours emergency maintenance
or repair needs.
- Maintains detailed records to facilitate insurance claims.
Campus Safety & Security
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists and coordinates with the Director of Safety and
Security to implement security protocols, secure contractors as
needed and oversee local building card access, security systems and
fire alarm systems.
- Coordinates with the Director of Safety and Security to
implement security protocols, secure contractors as needed and
oversee local building card access, security systems and fire alarm
- Addresses campussafety and environmental issues in
collaboration with other departmentleadership across the
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
- May perform other duties and responsibilitiesthat management
may deem necessary from time to time.
- Occasional weekend work will be required.
Facilities Supervisors and/or
Technicians; Contractors and/or Vendors
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on
performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
essential functions. Strong written and verbal communication skills
are essential in this position for effectively working with the
campus leadership, facilities’ staff and local vendors.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education required.
- Five to seven years’ experience in building management,
property or facilities operations required.
- Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting of HVAC, electrical,
mechanical, security/fire systems, card access and building
- Direct HVAC experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically MS
Word and Excel. MS Project desired.
- A valid state driver’s license
- Certified Facility Manager preferred
Local travel to area businesses. Position may require travel to
other campuslocations as necessary.
To perform the job successfully,an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
Building partnerships and working
collaboratively with others to meetshared objectives.
Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when
Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty,integrity, and authenticity.
Consistently achieving results, even under
Creating new and better ways for the
organization to be successful.
Building strong customer relationships and
Creating a climate where people are
motivated to do their bestto help the organization achieve its
Leads by example when it comes to finding
and developingtalent, with a focus on talent acquisition
strategies, setting performancetargets that raises standards and
development of high potential talent.
Work is performed in a combination of
classroom and office environment, pluswet lab and grounds.
Frequently requiredto stand; walk; use hands; climb and carry
ladders and work with hand and powertools. Must be able to lift
50lbs. Occasional travel required to localbusinesses to obtain
supplies and materials.
Physical requirements of this position include thefollowing:
- Stooping, crawling, kneeling, climbing
- Lifting and carrying over 40 lbs.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal
opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national