Storekeeper I - CREATING POOL OF APPLICANTS FOR ANTICIPATED OPENINGS
Employees in this series perform and/or supervise duties related to the receipt, record keeping, care, and issuance of supplies from storerooms.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
Employees at this level receive, store, and issue materials, equipment and other items from storerooms and keep records. They work under general supervision from a designated supervisor.
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
Specialty Factors (Additional Required Qualifications)
Education and Experience Preferred
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
1. Mathematical ability
2. Judgment and decision making: considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
3. The ability to effectively convey information to others, both verbally and in writing
4. Customer service: knowledge of the principles and processing for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
5. The ability to perform general physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials
6. The ability to lift up to 50 lbs
7. Exposure to temperature extremes
Minimum Pay Rate (Hourly or Monthly)
Commensurate with experience, education, and internal equity; position includes a robust benefits package to eligible applicants.
Hiring Rate Information
Actual hiring rate is commensurate with experience, education, and internal equity; position includes a robust benefits package to eligible applicants.
Priority Review Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
- This posting is a POOL posting, created to build a referral register for future opportunities.
- Fully complete the Education and Work History sections of the application. Be specific on your entire work history, including employment dates and duties for all positions held. Applicable part-time work experience will be considered toward qualifying for this position, however, it will be converted to a full-time equivalency to determine combined length of experience.
- If you have education and/or training in excess of what is required, we encourage you to upload your unofficial transcripts.
- Please monitor your e-mail for further information regarding your application. Emails will be generated from firstname.lastname@example.org and CivilServiceTesting@niu.edu . Please add these emails to your address book to ensure timely delivery of any future communication.
- We STRONGLY recommend that contact information used in your online profile be personal use, not professional/work information: personal email address, home address, and phone numbers. The information you provide is used to make contact on search updates, department referrals and interviews, etc. We must be able to relay sensitive and important information in a way that protects your privacy concerning job search activity, now and in the future.
- ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE SCHEDULED TO COME TO THE NIU DEKALB CAMPUS TO TAKE A STATE UNIVERSITIES CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION . At the time of testing, you will be required to present a photo ID. NOTE : If you have previously tested for this classification and wish to rewrite the exam to improve your score and register position, please contact the Civil Service Testing Office by the posting deadline.
- Required documentation noted in the posting such as driver’s license, licensures, or certifications MUST be presented at the time of examination.
- If eligible for Veteran’s Preference Points, DD214/DD215/NGB22/DD256 paperwork reflecting an Honorable Discharge MUST be uploaded to this application in order to receive the maximum eligible points on the Civil Service examination.
- Click Storekeeper I for more information including salary ranges, typical duties, minimum acceptable qualifications, and testing requirements.
- Please click Human Resource Services – Benefits for detailed information about Northern Illinois University’s benefits package.
- Employment is contingent upon your passing a criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Link to Department Homepage
Civil Service Pool Positions
In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Ethics and Compliance Officer, Title IX Coordinator
Health Services 230
Is Background Check Required
Clery Act Information
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae