Lab Instructor- Industrial Mechanics /Millwright & Mechatronics
Work Site Location: Parker Technical Education
Work Schedule: Tuesday and Thursday 1:15pm - 5:15pm
The purpose of this position is to provide students with a quality lab experience for development of skill competencies, under the direction of the faculty and the supervision of the Division Chair. Primary responsibilities as Learning Lab Instructor include manage the daily operations of the skills labs, provide services to support, maintain and supply the learning labs; support the educational experience of the students.
- Under the direction of faculty, organizes learning lab
experiences for Industrial Mechanic/Millwright and Mechatronics
- Locates and sets up equipment and supplies for skill demonstrations, practice, and check-offs.
- Provides assistance to faculty in the use of lab equipment as requested.
- Manages the daily operations of the skills labs to provide technical support and expertise.
- Assists Industrial Mechanic/Millwright and Mechatronics
students in the practice, performance, and development of skills
competence according to established performance criteria.
- Tests skills performance as directed by Industrial Mechanics/Millwright and Mechatronics faculty.
- Maintains efficient usage of the learning labs.
- Maintains physical lab space and equipment which may include sending equipment out for repair.
- Coordinates learning lab hands-on experience.
- Assists in creating innovative ideas, evaluation new equipment, and identifying opportunities for technology improvement.
- Participates in technical training as available.
- Attends team meetings as directed.
- Maintains a positive helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, faculty, colleagues, staff, students, and the community.
Education and Experience : High school diploma or GED and 4 year(s) of experience in industry (Journeyman Level) related to Industrial Mechanics/Millwright and Mechatronics.
Required License and/or Certifications :
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent knowledge related to Industrial Mechanics/Millwright and Mechatronics practices and learning lab set-up.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
• Ability to effectively present to groups.
• Ability to perform in a professional manner in actions and communication at all times.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check
All application materials must be upload and the application completed prior to the close date
Advertised: April 30, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene