AST DIR, Veterinary Diagnostic Lab Operations
AST DIR, Health Care Administration
The Assistant Director for Operations (ADO) – Veterinary Diagnostic Labs is the senior administrative supervisor for the Veterinary Diagnostic Lab support staff. These six cost centers exceed $3 million in revenues and expenses. This position exercises control for budgetary, HR, administrative, and physical plant responsibilities for the assigned areas. This includes direct oversight of the management of client relations, laboratory services, accounts payable and receivable, and the other support staff in Central Lab Receiving, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Microbiology, Histology, and Necropsy/Disposal operations. This position reports to the UFVH Executive Director of the VDL.
• Serves on various hospital and faculty committees to ensure a good flow of information between clinicians, staff, and administration;
• Represents the Labs in the Patient Quality Committee and the Policies and Procedures Committee.
• Plans for future growth and works with senior management to develop business strategies and goals,
• Communicates with faculty and senior administrators regarding policies and procedures, client fees, patient care, and personnel issues, marketing strategies, etc.;
• Supervises and coordinates the administrative performance of laboratory managers and supervisors.
• Receives, investigates, and answers client complaints concerning administrative and medical services.
• Coordinates recruitment, interviewing, hiring, and evaluation of support staff
• Arranges training to support staff on protocols and procedures
• Arranges and provides professional development and continuing education programs for new and current staff,
• Monitors the performance of teaching and services provided by staff
• Ensures that faculty and students have the technical assistance needed for optimal patient care, treatments, and diagnostics;
• Supports the Associate Dean of Clinical Services, the Medical Director, the Executive Director, and Dean with guidance and resolution of human resource issues in the labs.
• Works with faculty and staff supervisors to develop operating budgets and pricing strategies for hospital services. o Oversees allocation of funds and their expenditure; reviews/approves purchases
o Receives requests for extraordinary or emergency budget allocations from cost centers and makes recommendations to the hospital Management Council or Hospital Board, as is appropriate for the request
• Oversees entry of charges and information into the hospital medical information system to ensure quality care and compliance with hospital policies;
• Coordinates the inventory and ordering of supplies, equipment, and drugs to control costs and minimize waste;
• Oversees the scheduling of equipment repair and maintenance;
• Serves as an accountable officer for hospital property and physical plant concerns.
o Ensures procedures are followed to prevent loss or theft.
o Coordinates submission of corrective work orders and follows through with their completion.
• Supervises disease control and sanitation activities.
$78,900 - $85,000 annually
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience.
• Previous hospital health care (human or veterinary) experience at the administrative level is desired.
• Experience in diagnostic lab management preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and reference letters.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: Yes
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge