Work Site Location: Workforce Training Center
Work Schedule: Approximately 19 hours per week. Flexible schedule, hours between 6am - 2pm, Mon - Fri.
This position is seasonal end will end around the end of September.
The purpose of this position is to provide support to the Landscape Services department.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Mows and edges lawn areas with small power mowers, large riding frontline mowers, and edger.
- Operates front-end loaders, tractors, trucks, sweepers, forklifts, lift trucks and other grounds and maintenance equipment.
- Plants, transplants, fertilizes, mulches and waters lawns, shrubs, trees, bedding plants, and ground covers.
- Prunes, trims shrubs, trees and plants with appropriate hand tools or power trimmers.
- Prepares areas for lawn seed or laying sod.
- Performs weeding activities in ornamental beds with hand tools or rototiller.
- Rakes, sweeps and picks-up leaves, pine needles and other debris from lawns, shrub beds, walkways, curb lines and streets.
- Calibrates, mixes and applies pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Patches asphalt, repairs concrete or assists in the pouring and finishing of concrete areas. Sets sign posts and paints and repairs outdoor benches and tables.
- Picks up trash, litter and debris in assigned areas by hand, vacuum, sweeper or power blowers.
- Uses hand and power tools associated with landscaping, along with chain saws, jackhammer, line trimmers, etc.
- Removes snow and ice from campus sidewalks, entryways and parking areas. Applies sand and de-ice as needed. Operates snow plow trucks or tractors.
- Repairs, cleans, and moves grounds related supplies and equipment.
- Moves furniture and sets-up offices, classrooms or other college spaces as directed.
- Assists other Facilities Operations departments as directed.
- As required, will work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and on-call status.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience : High school diploma or GED, or current enrollment in high school or GED program.
Required License and/or Certifications :
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to maintain a safe and productive environment.
• Proficient skills in operating office equipment and a computer, including Microsoft Office.
• Ability to read, write and speak in English
All application materials must be upload and the application completed prior to the close date
Advertised: May 07, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time