Student Affairs Program Crd
Assistant Director, Student Affairs
Support the mission by creating inclusive environments by educating the campus community
about the culture, heritage, and diversity of multiple identities. Work with supervisor to ensure strategic
goals are being met through programming and education efforts; work to stay within budget and help
develop new student staff. Coordinate all aspects of program development including planning,
marketing, contracts, risk management, and assessment. These programs will include multicultural and
intercultural education activities, trainings, and programs for the campus community that educate and
promote awareness, understanding, and appreciation of diversity and multiculturalism on campus.
Leads MCDA’s IDEEAS education efforts. Create a vision and develop measurable goals of
educating students and campus partners on IDEEAS. Responsibilities will include advising Gatorship
volunteers, facilitating MCDA dialogue series, manage and supervise the Graduate Assistant who
oversees University Multicultural Mentorship Program (UMMP). Coordinate Cultural heritage month
events (Native American Heritage Month).
Train and supervise one graduate assistant and 4-5 undergraduate student assistants and
advise Gatorship volunteers.
Build cross-cultural coalitions with campus stakeholders (including student organization
leaders, faculty, staff, administrators, and alumni) to engage in dialogue and programming on behalf of
the community through collaborations and committees. Create and manage workshops for the UF
student population, student groups and organizations, residence life education and other campus
partners to meet specific learning outcomes. Work with other areas of MCDA to enhance intersectional
programming. Serve on DSA IDEA Collective Committee.
Perform other duties (as needed). Expected Salary:
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an
appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Master’s degree
- Degree in Student Personnel or a related field
- Two years of professional full-time experience in student affairs or multicultural development
- Demonstrated success in program development, implementation, and assessment in a college/university setting within student affairs
- Any relevant certifications
EXPERIENCE: Experience working with multicultural affairs, diversity, and inclusion efforts in higher education
KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of multicultural affairs, social justice and student development theory. Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge