Human Resources Business Partner - College of Medicine
Human Resources Generalist III
The College of Medicine (COM) is seeking a Human Resources (HR) Business Partner to serve as the human resources expert and support the COM HR team as it relates to managing HR functions for the College. This is a highly professional position requiring daily contact with the faculty, staff, University of Florida (UF) Office of Human Resource Services, Office of the Senior Vice President of Health Affairs, Provost Office, and other UF core offices. The incumbent in this position is expected to have a thorough understanding of UF directives, procedures, and processes pertaining to human resources and will be expected to support the strategic objectives of the College by upholding the COM-HR standards of innovation, and quality services. This position will be responsible for providing outstanding service and support to faculty and staff regarding human resources policies, procedures, classification, recruitment, hiring, payroll and faculty support.
- Human Resources: This position manages the HR functions for the College. Serves as a human resources expert providing guidance and assistance to faculty and staff regarding HR policies, procedures, compensation, training, and any other employee, payroll/personnel concerns. Works closely with the Associate Director by assisting with departmental concerns and employee matters. This position is responsible for developing new programs that support human resource functions in COM. This position provides advice and guidance related to HR matters. The incumbent will be responsible for investigating and solving complex matters. Serves as college liaison with UFHR, Student Employment, Senior Vice President of Health Affairs, Provost Office, and other core offices, as required. Additionally, provides one-on-one consultations, leads departmental discussions, and presents at college-wide monthly meetings, and other information sessions. This includes serving as a level 1 approver for Electronic Personnel Action Forms (ePAFs), job requisitions and reviews all offer letters.
- Recruitment: Responsible for taking a proactive and consultative role in recruitment for College of Medicine positions by consulting with departments on recruitment strategy, creating job descriptions, setting appropriate hiring ranges, posting job requisitions, and assisting with the overall recruitment process, as needed. Responsible for monitoring compliance for faculty recruitments for the College of Medicine. Serve as a resource for departments and new employees (Faculty, TEAMS, OPS, Student Assistants, etc.) in the recruitment and hiring process.
- Compensation Analysis: Serves as compensation consult to departments and hiring specialists by providing advice and guidance related to classification and compensation. Advises administrators, department partners, and supervisors on state and federal employment laws, compensation polices, and personnel procedures.
- Data Management : Responsible for maintaining a detailed college employee database, regularly compiling and analyzing data and providing reports, as requested. Communicates new policies and processes to departments to ensure that university deadlines and requirements are met. Responsible for various Enterprise Reports. Provide guidance for cash outs, FMLA and Leave requests. Processes additional payments and ePAF transactions, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned such as, but not limited to, developing web forms and standard operating procedures to assist in efficiencies for all HR processes and procedures for COM. Maintenance of HR website, content development, and special projects.
- Makes recommendations regarding organizational and procedural matters. Assists in developing directives that will streamline processes and provide organizational support within the College.
- Makes recommendations on policy and procedure for HR activities to ensure compliance with federal, state, and university and sponsoring agency regulations policies and procedures to include interpretation of these policies. Develops, implements and maintains policies and procedures necessary for HR management and support.
- This position has daily contact with both internal and external business contacts on behalf of the College of Medicine. Responsible for maintaining open communication with faculty, staff, and all external constituencies while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
Expected salary range is $60,000 - $65,000 annually
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly and effectively share information, seek input from others, and adapt communication to diverse audiences.
- Possess analytical and critical thinking skills to conduct analysis, develop recommendations, and make sound decisions. Ability to establish goals, measure outcomes, and use feedback to change as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and follow through on responsibilities with minimal direction, delivering timely and accurate results.
- Ability to interact professionally with UF administration, faculty and staff, and represent the College of Medicine in a professional manner. Proven ability to build effective working relationships. Possesses well-developed active listening skills. Demonstrated commitment in delivering high quality service to internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of State, Federal, and UF HR laws and regulations.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 professional references with application.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
This is time-limited.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not re apply.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge