Harn Museum Technical Photographer
OPS As Needed
The Harn Museum of Art Technical Photographer is responsible for taking photographs and preparing images of works of art from the Museum’s collection with the primary goal of making them accessible to UF faculty, students, and the public through digital platforms such as the museum’s website. This employee will also be responsible for color correcting, adding appropriate metadata, and uploading images to the museum’s new Digital Asset Management System. The employee must demonstrate a working knowledge of current photography and digital asset management technology and the aptitude to learn and stay current with rapidly changing techniques and technologies. The employee also must have a comprehensive knowledge of digital photography, professional indoor lighting techniques, and best post-production practices as well as a thorough understanding of color matching and calibration. The incumbent must have excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills. This is a time limited digitization project expected to be completed within two years; up to 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Photograph two-dimensional and three-dimensional artworks utilizing a variety of lighting and capture techniques to produce publication-quality imagery
- Move and handle works of art for photography
- Assist with selection and purchase of various pieces of photography equipment
- Calibrate equipment
- Color correct and add appropriate metadata template to images and fill in metadata elements in museum’s database
- Upload images to a Digital Asset Management System
Expected Salary: $20 - $26 per hour Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in photography or related field and two years of relevant experience or high school diploma and four years of relevant experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital photography, professional lighting equipment and techniques, and best post-production practices
- Thorough understanding of color matching and color calibration
- Experience with digital asset management software
- Previous experience working in a museum or gallery
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Previous art handling experience a plus
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, pleases upload a cover letter, resume and three examples of your work.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This is a time-limited position.
Health Assessment Required: No