The Assistant Director of
Development works closely with the President and Vice President for
Advancement to provide leadership for the development program and a
strong culture of philanthropy throughout the College and larger
community. This position designs and implements giving initiatives
in order to attract the maximum level of support possible. Duties
include, but are not limited to, overseeing and managing outcomes
for the annual fund, alumni outreach, scholarship awards and
prospective donor research; producing and analyzing reports;
building alumni and community relationships; and supporting the
Foundation, Office of the President, Alumni Affairs and other
programs and initiatives.
This position reports to the Vice President of Advancement &
- Identify, research, and assist with spearheading the
implementation of a multifaceted fundraising program to support the
College’s strategic vision, cultivating a culture of giving across
all stakeholder groups (individual and corporate donors,
foundations, alumni, employees, board members).
- Assist with the oversight of the scholarship awards
- Perform routine donor fund audits.
- Secure scholarship and major gifts, bequests, capital project
support through campaigns targeting internal and external donor
- Reestablish strong alumni association, further developing
alumni programming, and planning and supervising special
- Enhance existing relationships while building new
relationships, systems, and programs that result in financial
donations and resources from the community, foundations, and
- Provide direction for the usage of Raiser’s Edge software and
generate timely development reports as required.
- Solicit and develop content for donor website, newsletter and
alumni magazine/ newsletter.
- Assist with the production of the annual report.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7-10 years of related professional experience; prior
development experience in higher education preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration or related
field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication
and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage multiple assignments
and tasks simultaneously, and to prioritize work in a fast-paced
- Proficiency with all Microsoft applications, including Excel
and merge applications, as well as experience working with a
variety of database systems.
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge and Ellucian Banner
- Positive attitude, strong relationship-building skills,
high-level of self-motivation, and strong, responsible work
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a
team, to think ahead and solve problems.
- Willingness to plan and/or attend College outreach events
including evenings and weekends as necessary.