IHP Medical Assistant – Department of Social Work
The IHP Medical Assistant provides primary health care to FGCU students for acute and chronic health problems within protocols established mutually with licensed medical professionals. Documents patient care in an electronic health record, maintains confidentiality of patient’s personal health information, and provides care within the state of Florida scope of practice. The Medical Assistant provides medical support including phlebotomy and processing lab specimens. The IHP Medical Assistant will conduct health screenings, document patient and health information and maintains confidentiality of patient’s personal health information, and provides health referrals if necessary.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
Participate in a two-hour IHP training.
Conduct health screenings by finger pricks/blood samples in 15 2-hours health screening/education events.
Record medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results.
Interview participants to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
Adheres to and compiles with HIPAA.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Required Qualifications: Associate degree or Vocational/Technical Certification in Medical Assisting Possess valid Florida state phlebotomy certification. Collaborative IRB Training Initiative Program CITI training or complete within 30 days of hire. Preferred Qualifications: Familiarity with the Latino and Haitian communities located in Immokalee Valid driver’s license and own transportation Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities :
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, statues, regulations, codes, and standards related to the area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of Latino and Haitian cultures.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Skill in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and conveying information effectively.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community.
- Ability to display a positive and caring attitude, be self-motivated and sensitive to multicultural issues.
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.