Clinical Research Coordinator
University Code 34111 University Title Clinical Research Coordinator 1 University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Clinical Research Coordinator Position Number 592300 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Pediatrics Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Provides direct care to candidates for and participants in VCU Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, clinical trial research protocols (in collaboration with treating physicians and/or principal/local investigators) through recognizing and responding appropriately to deviations from normal, identifying, interpreting, analyzing and evaluating patient’s condition and making alterations in treatment and diagnostic regiments in collaboration with treating physicians/principal/local investigators.
• Coordinates the evaluation, treatment, and/or follow-up of clinical trial candidates and participants in inpatient and ambulatory settings, educating staff at local and partner sites about clinical trials & related patient care and consulting with local & collaborating physicians & staff about patient care issues.
• Collaborates with providers and research team members to facilitate clinical research nursing and data management components of the clinical trial program.
• Evaluates, uses, and refines systems for data collection and collaborates with research team members to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
• Collaborates closely with Principal Investigator (PI) and clinical research team to ensure that key federal/state/local regulatory requirements are followed; that institutional operational research objectives are met; and that ethical obligations are kept.
• Develops, establishes, and maintains productive relationships with VCU and VCUHS colleagues, customers, and contacts at affiliate sites to achieve essential research outcomes.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Independent decision-making skills.
• Ability to provide own transportation to meet with patients at other HS locations within service area (not often).
• Ability to attend meetings within service area and at training locations.
• Strong decision-making skills and the ability to problem solve and troubleshoot issues.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage large volumes of information.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• High level of comfort with technology.
• Flexibility and ability to coordinate multiple projects.
• Possess exceptional time management skills.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience in relevant field;
• Ability to work in diverse and demanding environment;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Clinical skills training for basic care partners;
• CMA (certified medical assistant), CNA (certified nursing assistant), or EMT (emergency medical technician) certification and credentials – or – will commit to complete on-the-clock, company-paid training to successfully receive one of these credentials within 6 months of hire date.
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Previous experience working in pediatric clinical setting and/or pediatric clinical research;
• Good clinical practice training;
• Experience with patients on clinical trials, especially related to neonatology;
• More than one year of clinical research experience;
• Advanced knowledge of FDA regulations and guidelines.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range 40,000-55,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 04/14/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Research Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105146 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application