Administrator 3, Development
University Job Family
For more information on ORP, visit:
Scope of Search
Dir of Annual Giving and Donor Relations
Is this employee on a H1B Visa?
Massey Cancer Center
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave
package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an
opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The purpose of this position is to expand and execute the Annual
Giving program for Massey Cancer Center; Build the Leadership
Annual Giving, Major and Planned Giving pipelines from identified
annual giving and event prospects; Manage the Annual Giving Team’s
communication and delivery of Massey Cancer Center’s goals to
donors and prospects through the management of the team’s face to
face personal solicitations and stewardship visits; Lead the
strategic planning and development of events as a multi-faceted
component of Massey’s fundraising, community relations and
stewardship efforts. This position will ensure proper stewardship
of annual giving and event donors, craft unrestricted giving
messaging for Massey Cancer Center including materials to support
directive, and manage Leadership Annual Giving Officer, Senior
Annual Giving Coordinator, and Community Engagement Officer
positions. This position will assist with development office
functions and special projects as needed.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Minimum of three to five years of successful fundraising
experience, preferably in a medical and/or academic
• Proven track record of cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding
• Experience managing annual giving and events staff.
• Self-starter with energy and follow-through, with demonstrated
success in working with advisory boards and solicitor groups.
• Experience in tracking and analyzing fundraising metrics and
• Knowledge of data-mining, research, reporting, and moves
management for current and prospective donors.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills,
with demonstrated success in persuasive communications and time
• Superior customer service skills and ability to relate to people
at all business and social levels, to respect the urgency of donor
inquiries or actions in a professional manner, ability to adjust
work schedule to meet tight deadlines or event functions.
• Proficiency in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel,
and PowerPoint. Experience with development/fund raising database
• Excellent project management skills.
• Strong grammar and proofreading skills with attention to
• Experience working in a confidential environment; ability to
function independently or as a team player in a fast-paced
environment with tight deadlines.
• Experience creating organized record systems.
• The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience
working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student
environment, or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree
Required Licenses/ Certifications
Anticipated Hiring Range
commensurate with experience
Application Process/Additional Information
To learn more about VCU’s culture and values within development,
please visit us to see our commitment to inspiring lifelong
connections that transform passion into reality.
Normal Work Days/Hours
Job Open Date
Posting will close on or before
Open Until Filled
Is this a restricted position?
Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * What experience do you have supervising or managing
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience with grateful patient fundraising?
(Open Ended Question)
- * VCU has over 18 fundraising schools or units with anywhere
from 50-75 development officers. Talk with us about how you would
work collaboratively with colleagues across the schools, units and
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document