Director of Administrative Systems
University Code 24412 University Title Director 2, Information Technology University Job Family Information Technology ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Director of Administrative Systems Position Number 538850 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Administrative Systems Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The VCU Administrative Systems team has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Administrative Systems to join our team! The University seeks to attract active, culturally and professionally diverse staff, skilled in leading and expanding Administrative Systems.
This position provides leadership, management, and technical direction for Administrative Systems. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Oversight for the design and operation of the Ellucian Banner, Operational Data Store ( ODS ), VCU Reporting Center, and SAS Business Intelligence environments; Technology Services support of University-wide data standards (especially related to common data elements in the Banner applications); and oversight of internal interface files for other administrative systems in the University.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
• Administrative and technical leadership skills and substantial experience.
• Expert knowledge of Banner applications management and data warehousing concepts, principles and best practices.
• Ability to integrate knowledge & operation of different data environments & systems to achieve desired results.
• Experience with technical system configurations, systems analysis, and the ability to define and develop solutions to meet user requirements.
• Expert technical knowledge of business intelligence software environments ( SAS, Oracle, Oracle Warehouse Builder, PL/ SQL preferred).
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project.
• Demonstrated supervision and project management skills.
• Demonstrated organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• A commitment to VCU’s core competencies of accountability/integrity; achievement; collaboration; diversity; innovation; and service excellence.
• A desire to foster equity and inclusion in one’s team and throughout the university.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Master’s degree in Information Systems
Computer Science, Business, Economics or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
• Working knowledge of Unix and web toolsets (html, Java, Visual Basic).
• Knowledgeable of administrative systems and processes.
• Demonstrated experience with the management and support of the technical environment necessary to support operational Enterprise Resource Planning ( ERP ) environments and business intelligence reporting.
• Extensive years of experience
• Proven ability to develop a vision and define direction and goals for the department as well as to guide organizational change as necessary to successfully meet those goals.
• Experience defining and maintaining strategies and business and technical roadmaps.
• Ability to build and develop a robust team that can deliver complex technical solutions.
• Participate in budget development and monitoring of expenses for the Administrative Systems unit.
• Closely follow higher education trends, technologies, and solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate and improve processes and procedures to support Administrative Systems services and the needs of their customers.
• Significant experience in successfully delivering a variety of projects on time and within scope by evaluating resources, identifying and mitigating risks, and communication.
• Ability to listen, build rapport, and develop credibility as a strategic partner with customers.
• Skilled and experienced at conflict negotiation and problem-solving.
• Capable of setting expectations with partners and achieving alignment and agreement at all levels.
• Ability to break down silos both inside and outside the organization.
• Advanced experience in overseeing major projects and implementations.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $110,000 - $135,00 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 03/30/2021 Posting will close on or before 05/12/2021 Open Until Filled No Job Category Information Technology Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104703 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current VCU employee?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond