University Code 33241 University Title Scientist 1 University Job Family Research & Innovation ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Research Scientist Position Number 592550 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Surgery Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
To support, design, perform, coordinate and expand basic, translational, and clinical research activities in the Division of Bariatric and Gastrointestinal Surgery laboratory in the Department of Surgery in animal experiments, clinical research studies in patients and using local and national databases. Duties include but not restricted to coordinate study flow and personnel assignments, data and samples collection, storage and analyses, IRB and IACUC standard requirements and paperwork, perform and train others in experimental small and large animal surgery models. Essential responsibilities also include internal and external Grants applications writing, reviews, and submissions; manuscripts and book chapter preparation, submission and reviews; coordinating and presenting research results submissions to local, national and international meetings
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Advanced Degree in biological or health sciences with at least 3 years of laboratory training is required
- Human and Animal physiology, biochemistry, and basic bench laboratory skills are needed
- Ability to independently design, conduct, and analyze scientific studies to test hypotheses in basic biological sciences, write, submit and review grants and manuscripts
- Ability to communicate and disseminate the results in oral and written formats
- Ability to work in a diverse environment required
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Experience with digital data acquisition systems and laboratory management are desirable
- Surgical experience and training is preferred but not essential.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $58,000 - $65,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40/Week Normal Work Days/Hours Mon-Fri, 8-5, Occasional Night/Weekend Job Open Date 05/07/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Research Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105882 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document