Director of Communications
- California Baptist University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- May 10, 2021
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Marketing & Sales, Communications, Other Communications, Public Relations & Advertising, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Community Relations & Institutional Outreach, Public Relations & Marketing (Campus)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Director of Communications
Position Summary Information
Position is responsible for managing the University’s public relations and marketing communications activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops and manages public relations and marketing communications strategies and implements related action plans that support the University in accomplishing its mission and objectives.
2. Initiates and maintains contact with leaders in each of the University’s schools and colleges to develop and manage proactive, systematic marketing communication plans and activities.
3. Develops and manages public relations activities to promote the University’s programs and services among CBU employees, community groups, news media, institutions of higher education, Southern Baptist congregations and denominational entities, and various other audiences and publics.
4. Oversees preparation and dissemination of news releases, articles and photographs and coordinates community and media events.
5. Supports development and management of media contacts and information and represents CBU at University-sponsored events.
6. Manages the writing, editing and publishing of “The Roundtable”, “CBU Family” and other University publications.
7. Coordinates strategic development of video productions including conceptualization, scripting, talent coordination, photography, editing, duplication and distribution.
8. Works closely with other Marketing and Communication Division staff to integrate marketing communication initiatives and public relations activities as needed and to ensure that the institutional messages are presented in a clear and consistent manner to each distinct audience.
9. Monitors and maintains current University information and assists with editorial and procedural decision-making.
10. Provides strategic direction for the University’s Internet marketing and Web site optimization.
11. Recruits and supervises direct reports and student workers.
12. Coordinates outsourced projects with vendors to accomplish institutional objectives.
13. Maintains searchable photography database of campus activities and personnel for use in marketing and communication projects.
14. May work and/or travel weekends as needed.
15. Create actionable plans to both grow and engage with followers through social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Thorough knowledge and use of print and electronic media to achieve marketing objectives.
Adequate knowledge of social media platforms and management tools (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Sprout Social, etc.).
General knowledge of Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) and internet ranking for web content.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Knowledge of: general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to represent the University effectively to a variety of publics.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Excellent interpersonal skills, and telephone courtesy.
Ability to relate positively and effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Ability to initiate and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
Ability to travel and work weekends as needed.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Posting Detail Information
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert