IT Desktop Support Analyst
TheIT department at St. Catherine Universityinvites
applications for a full-timeDesktop Support
Our IT department supports student, faculty and staff throughout the university to ensure smooth software and hardware operations for all users. TheDesktop Support Analystprovides hands-on support for university IT hardware on campus and provides in-person supports for users with technical issues. This position responds quickly to resolve technical issues for users or escalates issues to the appropriate support team.
- Identify and resolve hardware issues on university computers as
well as software and application issues.
- Manage the life cycle and deployment of hardware including
imaging computers, setting up and deploying hardware, training
users on use, wiping devices as they return to be electronic
recycled or re-deployed.
- Troubleshoot university-owned hardware issues and either
replace or repair equipment as needs arise.
- Troubleshoot personal equipment including wi-fi, printers, and
- Provide in-person troubleshooting support for application and
software for all members of the university.
- Serve our university community by receiving and logging calls,
identifying issues, researching solutions, resolving and following
up on incidents utilizing a service-request tracking
- When solutions are outside the scope of the role, identify and
escalate issues to appropriate IT service teams.
- Retain ownership of service tickets, regardless of whether they
have been forwarded.
- Initiate, update and close ticket issues including
documentation, tracking, monitoring, and communicating with the
customer, all within a rapid response time frame.
- Provide phone support as needed to assist with calls coming into the Helpdesk line.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- Some college coursework
- Two years of related experience
- Experience with computer setup including imaging, software
installs, and file transfers.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware, software, wifi, and printer isuses to successful resolution.
- Experience imaging computers usingWDS
- Experience resolving issues with Box Drive
- Experience resolving issues with Google applications including
email, calendar, drive, meet, and voice
- Experience using and troubleshooting BrightSpace D2L
We seek creative, adaptable faculty and staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org 651-690-6565.Application instructions for STAFF
Careersto apply. Three references and successful completion of
a background check will be required for employment. Application
deadline is May 10, 2021.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *HRQ2: For any education beyond high
school, what was your area of focus?
(Open Ended Question)
- *How many years of experience do you
have in a helpdesk or desktop support position where you responded
to customer questions and issues every day?
- None to some
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years or more
- *HRQ: St. Kate’s is committed to
making Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a
Culture of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the
strategic plan. Give a specific example of how you have promoted a
culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current
or recent role(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- *HRQ: Are you presently legally
authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer?
Please be aware that St. Catherine University is only able to
consider candidates who are authorized to work in the United
- *HRQ: St. Catherine University
welcomes applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you
now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *HRQ: Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *HRQ: How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education