Assistant Professor - Nursing, MSNEL program
TheNursing department’s Master of Science in Nursing, Entry
Levelprogram atSt. Catherine Universityinvites
applications for full-timeAssistant Professorpositions with
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN): Entry-Level option is designed for individuals who have earned a bachelor’s degree in a non-nursing field and want to make the transition into the nursing profession. Our nursing master’s degree students are committed to innovation, ethical leadership, and social justice.MSNELfaculty envision the future of nursing and implement innovative educational programs that prepare outstanding professional nurses.
- Teach and advise a diverse student population, modeling
socialization to nursing roles, and referring students to
appropriate university services.
- Provide clear, timely, and specific evaluative feedback to
students about course assignments and/or clinical
- Assesses, designs, teaches, and evaluates curricular content
and learning experiences in assigned courses to promote student
- Evaluates student learning in assigned courses.
- Maintains curricular integrity by ensuring course content
promotes achievement of course student learning outcomes identified
in thePOScurriculum map.
- Engages in scholarship activities that develop expertise and
ability to fulfill faculty responsibilities.
- Contributes to professional development of faculty colleagues
through peer review, mentoring, consultation, and scholarship
- Models and mentors relational presence that is rooted in
Catholic Social Teaching and consistent with the mission and values
of St. Catherine University and the DoN vision, mission, and
- Serves onPOS, DoN, and/or University
- Collaborates with nursing faculty, Program Director, Associate
Dean of Nursing, and Dean of Nursing to establish and accomplish
short- and long-range goals for the nursing program.
- Participates in recruitment, orientation, and advising
activities according toPOS, DoN, and
- Engages in activities that promote positive relationships with students, faculty and professional colleagues, clinical and community agencies, alumnae, and other external groups.
Our program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing and Higher Learning Commission. Faculty responsibilities are organized using theACENaccreditation standards for nursing programs.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- Master’s degree in nursing with evidence of tested
- OR Baccalaureate degree in nursingANDmaster’s degree in related field with evidence of
- Current and unencumbered Minnesota RN license
- One year of related experience
Doctoral degree in nursing
- Doctoral degree in related field and master’s degree in nursing with evidence of tested experience
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org 651-690-6565.Application instructions for FACULTY
Careersto apply. The application requires submission of
unofficial transcripts. Three references and successful completion
of a background check will be required for employment. For
information, contact Tamara Zurakowski email@example.com.
Application deadline is June 5, 2021.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *For any education beyond high
school, what was your area of focus?
(Open Ended Question)
- *Do you have a current and
unencumbered nursing license in the state of Minnesota? Or are you
eligible for same?
- *St. Kate’s is committed to making
Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a Culture
of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the strategic
plan. Give a specific example of how you have promoted a culture
that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current or
(Open Ended Question)
- *Are you presently legally authorized
to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware
that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates
who are authorized to work in the United States.
- *St. Catherine University welcomes
applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you
now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy