Grant Management Specialist
TheSponsored Programs, Research and External Engagement
(SPREE)program atSt. Catherine
Universityinvites applications for a full-timeGrant
SPREEadvances St. Kate’s mission by promoting research and scholarship; knowledge dissemination; academic program innovation; and student scholarship, loan, internship, and research opportunities.SPREEserves as the administrative unit accountable for supporting faculty, staff, and students in readying research and innovation projects, acquiring extramural funding, and appropriately administering approximately $28 million in active sponsored projects. TheGrant Management Specialistposition supports post award processes and activities, assisting the university community with budget and compliance administration of sponsored programs. This position provides critical administrative duties to strengthen theSPREEinfrastructure.
- Set-up and coordinate funds with the Business Office for
expense management invoicing/draw-down, and reporting
- Monitor grant portfolio award and project progress and
- Support completion and submission of required reporting to
- Review monthly credit cards.
- Close out awards followingSPREEpolicies and procedures including timely and
accurate final reporting, close-out check list, and close-out
- Track and document Participant Incentives.
- Monitor email and assign query responses.
- Identify, recommend, and implement process
- Contribute to the development and implementation of education
and training via workshops, individual meetings and departmental
- Educate faculty and staff on budget and sponsored program management.
Employees at St. Kate’s feel a deep connection to the University’s Mission and Vision, and they live their values at work. Benefits available to full-time employees include:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 403b retirement plan access
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Free Tuition (tuition remission) at St. Kate’s for employees
and their families after one year of
- Six weeks of paid parental leave after one year of service
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- Associate’s Degree
- Three years of accounting, financial analysis, post-award/grant
management, or project management experience.
- Experience fulfilling the scope of multiple projects on time,
within budget and with near perfect accuracy.
- Experience managing complex budgets.
- Proficiency in MS Office and fluency in Excel.
- Experience collaborating effectively and respectfully with diverse audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in higher education/academic setting, specifically
sponsored programs administration or finance.
- Experience managing federal grants.
- Experience interpreting and applying regulations.
We seek creative, adaptable faculty and staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us email@example.com 651-690-6565.Application instructions for STAFF
Careersto apply. Three references and successful completion of
a background check will be required for employment. For
information, contact Diana McGrath firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is May 21, 2021.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *For any education beyond high
school, what was your area of focus?
(Open Ended Question)
- *How many years of full-time
experience do you have in accounting and/or post-award/grant
- None to some
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 or more years
- *St. Kate’s is committed to making
Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a Culture
of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the strategic
plan. Give a specific example of how you have promoted a culture
that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current or
(Open Ended Question)
- *Are you presently legally authorized
to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware
that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates
who are authorized to work in the United States.
- *St. Catherine University welcomes
applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you
now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul