Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The Network Administrator supports learning by ensuring the stable operation of the computer networks. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. The person will also administer that university’s telecommunication system and provide user support for that system.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience required.
- CCNA or CCNP preferred.
- At least 3 years of full-time work experience in information technology and/or related functions with three years in network administration.
- Absolute trustworthiness with high standards of personal integrity (demonstrated by an unblemished career history, complete lack of criminal convictions, etc.), and willingness to undergo vetting and/or personality assessments to verify this.
- Two to three years of Cisco or HP switch management experience
- Experience supporting and deploying wireless networks
- Understanding VoIP administration and applications such as RingCentral preferred.
- Firewall administration experience preferred.
- Knowledge of traditional analog telephone lines preferred.
- Deep upstanding of the TCP/IP model.
- Understanding protocols such as QoS, BGP, IPSEC, VPN.
- Ability to accept divergent views while maintaining a constructive working relationship with other team members
- Knowledge of change management processes.
- Sound judgment and prioritization skills.
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask several assignments or projects to successful resolution and or completion.
- Ability to work independently and be dependable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to transverse multi leveled campus.
- Travel to alternate sites as needs demand.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.