Administrative Assistant - (STA007317)
Provides administrative staff support to a university executive. Organizes and coordinates activities of the unit.
- Drafts correspondence, memoranda, speeches, position papers, program/grant proposals and other written documentation.
- Assists in organizing activities of the unit, such as retreats, staff development, committee appointments, internship programs, awards ceremonies, etc.
- Serves on committees and task forces as a representative of the unit.
- Responds to information requests from internal and external agencies and offices and conducts research to assist in policy and program development.
- May collect information, and write and edit newsletter or news bulletins for the unit.
- Participates in special projects and prepares a variety of statistical reports as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Highly Recommended Job Responsibilities/Qualifications:
Administrative Assistant, Office of the VC/VP University Advancement
The Vice Chancellor/Vice President of University Advancement oversees all fundraising activities for the University of Houston System. The Office of the Vice Chancellor/Vice President (VC/VP) seeks and Administrative Assistant who will provide comprehensive executive support to the VC/VP and primary administrative support to the Office and its staff. This role works closely with administrative staff across the division of University Advancement and the other divisions of the University of Houston in coordination of ongoing projects, initiatives and scheduling. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively manage multiple requests and priorities and see beyond the day-to-day to anticipate changing needs.
Focus areas and responsibilities to include:
- Will be first point of contact for the Office of the VC/VP University Advancement at the E Cullen office – manning the front desk, answering phones and greeting meeting attendees for the VC/VP, and may at times be asked to do the same as needed at the Schlumberger Building (Building 1) office on the Tech Bridge campus.
- Screens incoming calls/mail and as appropriate provides requested information, takes messages or redirects inquires to the appropriate staff member or office.
- Lead in calendar management for the VC/VP for University Advancement, including scheduling meetings and appointments involving internal UA Leadership and key personnel, university administrators, faculty / staff and outside administrators.
- Coordinates travel arrangements by making necessary reservations for transportation and hotel accommodations, prepares all related travel documents and oversees the travel request process via the Concur System.
- Monitor and maintain monthly expenses for the office, including the VP’s expenses, reconciles expenses as appropriate via established internal UA and University procedures and processes.
- Will support and provide assistance as needed or assigned to the short term and/or ongoing advancement projects of the Office, including key research projects.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Administration & Leadership Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston