Director, Donor Recognition & Events - (STA007334)
Directs the overall strategy for donor recognition and events with the Division's priorities and goals. Contributes to regular brainstorming on innovative, unique and personalized donor relations/stewardship communications and experiences. Coordinates complex administrative assignments and special projects within and/or across operating units at the directions of the Executive Director.The University of Houston's Donor Engagement program seeks to appreciate, inform, meaningfully engage and recognize current and prospective donors in the life of the University of Houston. The University recognizes its fiduciary responsibility to care for the investments that have been made and entrusted to the institution. Consistent contacts and programs for donors and prospective constituents are critical and valuable components of the fundraising efforts and are focused on building lifelong relationships with donors, instilling in them pride for the institution, and trust that their gifts are being carefully and responsibly managed. The Donor Engagement program is organized into the following component areas: Donor Recognition and Events, Gift Impact and Compliance, and Development Communications. This team is a part of the Division of University Advancement's Strategic Initiatives department, which encompasses strategic planning and projects, campaign initiatives and planning, donor and volunteer engagement.
- Responsible for assisting the Executive Director of Donor Engagement with the creation, implementation, and management of a strategic plan for donor recognition in alignment with the University's bold strategic plan.
- Implements and leads broad-based recognition and communication plans and programs that strategically target a variety of giving levels and large special constituency groups.
- Manages the overall strategy and stewardship of UH giving societies and ensure members are appropriately stewarded through recognition events, targeted communications and select strategic engagement.
- Proactively supports the stewardship responsibilities of Advancement leadership, Principal Gifts Team and Development Officers by assisting them in establishing and coordinating individualized engagement plans for major/principal gift level donors in their portfolios.
- Collaborates with Development partners to identify and craft stewardship deliverables and engagement opportunities to showcase the impact of their philanthropy.
- In partnership with the Annual Giving team, design and execute several initiatives and programs in an effort to communicate appreciation and impact to annual giving donors, ultimately increasing donor retention.
- Collaborates with other departments to recognize significant individual, corporate and foundations investments at UH.
- Provides leadership, professional expertise and direction in the planning and execution of high quality in-person and virtual events and functions for the Division of University Advancement.
- Provides leadership and direction in performance of the details of event production, with emphasis on high standards for customer relations.
- Ensures priorities of the Vice Chancellor/Vice President's Office and the campus are reflected in the planning and presentation of events and communications with appropriate constituents such as alumni, donors, prospects, the Houston community, legislative and business partners, volunteers, contractors, etc. Develops and maintains highly professional standards and procedures for production of events in keeping with the image and reputation of the University of Houston. Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelor's Degree and 7 years experience.
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Experience: Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston