Coordinator, Fraternity / Sorority Hou - (STA007323)
The Fraternity/Sorority Housing Coordinator serves as advising and program staff within n the Center for Fraternity & Sorority Life and serves as the live-on staff i n Bayou Oaks the fraternity/sorority housing townhouses; working both with townhouse housing corporations and student house managers.
- Serve as the primary advisor to one of the five fraternity/sorority governing councils which includes council executive board advising, committee oversight, and chapter leadership advising.
- Supports the growth and development of the fraternity/sorority housing experience through working with fraternity/sorority leaders, townhouse managers, and alumni housing corporations on occupancy concerns, social events and risk management, community-building, and strategies for organizational accountability.
- Serve as a Chapter Coach to 10-15 chapters within the UH fraternity/sorority community. Provide direct chapter support through advising, mentoring, and problem-solving with chapter members and leaders.
- Coordinate, contribute to, and advise general fraternity/sorority programs and initiatives including but not limited to the Future Greek Leaders Academy, ELEVATE, and President's Leadership Summit.
- Serve as customer service interface for chapter leadership and alumni advisers/house corporations, conducting regular meetings about changes in property/university policy and to address housing issues/concerns. Work in concert with chapter housing corporations to assist in identifying effective models of practice.
- Serve as a contributing team member of the Center for Fraternity & Sorority Life (CFSL) staff. Reports directly to and meets weekly with the Director of the Center for Fraternity & Sorority Life. Participates in Center for Fraternity & Sorority Life, Student Life, and Student Affairs and Enrollment Services committees and initiatives.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's and 1 year experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: 1723919
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston