Director, Residential Life - (STA007343)
Directs and oversees the SHRL Residential Life program in support of the educational goals and objectives of the University of Houston.
- Responsible for development, implementation, and sustainment of residential education initiatives focused on enhancing student success, satisfaction, and retention.
- Provides effective personnel management through supervision, staff development, training, recruitment and retention of staff.
- Provides area budget oversight; Responsible for strategic long and short-range planning, vision, and goal setting.
- Leads Assessment initiatives for the department; Coordinates the department's annual and semi-annual reports and progress card.
- May serve as the department representative on the UH Conduct Assessment Response Team (CART), Sexual Misconduct Response Team (SMRT).
- May serve as an Appeals Officer for the University Conduct Process.
- Serves in on Back up on-call rotation responding to a variety of emergencies, as needed.
- Serves on SHRL ride-out team during emergency incidents.
- Establishes and maintain collaborative relationships within the department, with other departments, student groups, the university community, and stakeholders.
- Interprets rules, regulations, policies, and procedures, and ensures staff compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master's Degree and 5 years experience,
Requires application of advanced principles, techniques and theory in a professional discipline or a thorough general business management knowledge. Knowledge of this level is typically obtained through a directly job-related Master's degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Please note: Applications will begin to be reviewed 6/1/2021, with interviews scheduled immediately following.