Office Coordinator - (STA007337)
Coordinates office activities for a unit, typically processing payroll and personnel documents and maintaining related records. Purchases office supplies, and coordinates mail, shipping and receiving, and telecommunications logistics. May administer operating accounts and federal and state grants and do monthly reconciliations. May coordinate the work of clerical support assistants and/or student workers.
- Coordinating the activities of clerical staff in performing general office duties.
- Processing payroll and personnel transactions, and auditing and maintaining accurate records on same; preparing or assisting in preparing Position Action Requests (PARs).
- Monitoring personnel budget and expenditure activities on unit accounts; advising supervisor of status of accounts; distributing and processing timesheets.
- Coordinating travel arrangements for faculty and/or staff and processing travel reimbursement forms.
- Assisting faculty and/or staff with personnel-related issues, such as health insurance, direct deposit, holidays, training programs, and so forth.
- Ordering office supplies and materials, and maintaining an adequate stock at all times.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school and 3 years experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
- Able to support the needs of the LGBTQ Resource Center and for the Women and Gender Resource Center, which are both housed in the same office space.
- Able to work at the front desk in a busy center with considerable activity and noise by students and groups that frequent the center.
- Attend to the needs of all visitors to the Centers with tact and sensitivity especially with issues of safe sex, sexuality, sexual assault/sexual misconduct, gender ambiguity, etc. Monitor noise level and conversation topics to ensure a safer and more inclusive environment for all visitors
- Assists with implementing events such as Open House, Ice Cream Social, and Book Clubs.
Special Skills and Knowledge
Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
General knowledge of issues faced by the LGBTQ community and students on campus, including knowledge of sexual orientations and gender identities. General knowledge of issues related to gender equity and sexual violence (including trauma-informed responses).
Occasional fast-paced coordination of larger events involves being active for several hours at a time.
Monday – Friday
From: 8:30 AM
To: 5:30 pm - Varies, occasional nighttime meetings and events
Saturday Events at different times of year, not consistently
Notes to Applicant: 1723919
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Conference & Special Event Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston