Supervisor, Elevator Shop - (STA007321)
Oversees employees engaged in the maintenance of elevators and escalators in all university owned buildings. Performs preventative maintenance, repairs and inspections for hydraulic and traction elevators, as well as escalators.
- Coordinates activities of elevator mechanics and helpers engaged in the preventative maintenance and operation of university elevators, escalators and dumb waiters. Troubleshoots elevator issues as required.
- Assigns tasks and perform inspection of work in progress and completed work; implements changes as required. Writes daily and monthly reports of work completed and work in progress.
- Maintains equipment and tools used for the maintenance, repair or adjustment of elevators.
- Provides technical assistance to other shops on campus as needed.
- Attends safety programs and ensures that employees and department remain up-to-date on most current developments in field.
- Provides technical direction and training to elevator mechanics; may assist manager in interviewing job applicants.
- Maintains shops records and performs state inspections. Prepares inspection reports and makes recommendations to alleviate existing elevator problems.
- May serve on special task force during periods of emergency, such as floods, storms, hurricanes etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school and 5 years experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Requires technical certification or licensing directly related to the job, as specified on a job description addendum.
- An Elevator repair license or certification is required.
Note: Applicants please include 3 professional references with your attachments.
Notes to Applicant: Please include a minimum of 3 professional references with your attachments.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston