Director of Marketing (Coll/Div) - (STA007226)
Marketing Director Responsibilities
Directs a comprehensive marketing program for the Kathrine G. McGovern College of the Arts. Responsible for the development and implementation of strategic marketing and operating plans; directs a team of marketing professionals to support the marketing needs of the college.
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for executing a marketing strategy that will raise the visibility and profile of the Kathrine G. McGovern College of the Arts at the University of Houston. Reporting directly to the Dean, the Director will lead the College’s efforts to build audiences for its annual program of performances and exhibitions from among the community of arts patrons in the city of Houston, and to communicate effectively about the McGovern College experience and value to prospective students. The Director will be responsible for executing priorities set by the Dean and the College leadership team, and, in consultation with the Dean and College leadership, will develop and oversee strategies, tactics, and day-to-day business processes that ensure success. The Director will be a visible presence and a strong leader in the College, a well-versed and fluent communicator on College operations and priorities, with regular attendance at College events (including on evenings and weekends), all in support of the Dean and the leadership team in communicating effectively to all of the College's stakeholders, internal and external.
The successful candidate will be:
- capable of managing multiple priorities of multiple clients with a wide diversity of needs, in a fast-paced office environment
- capable of directing and evaluating effective visual communication design
- capable of effective and accurate copyediting
- a team player who brings a collegial, collaborative, transparent, problem-solving approach to a highly complex, diverse, and comprehensive visual and performing arts college
- a passionate, energetic, and tenacious professional dedicated to excellence in the arts
Bachelors and 5 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston