Development Coordinator 2 - (STA007371)
Participates in the development and implementation of advancement programs (annual funds, alumni relations, special events, stewardship, public relations, etc.); plans and executes related activities and administrative functions; provides technical knowledge and experience in basic fund-raising principles and advancement activities.
- Assists development staff, managers and administrators in developing and implementing annual funds and grassroots programs for alumni and other donor constituent groups; participates in and coordinates phone-a-thons, direct mail appeals, membership drives, reunions, special events, etc.
- Develops and prepares acknowledgements, newsletters, brochures, press releases, reports, correspondence, and informational and solicitation materials for various advancement activities.
- Plans and conducts meetings, events, and activities to recruit volunteers, build relations with alumni, and maintain good will with various constituent groups.
- Provides guidance and supervision as needed to the UH student foundation and other volunteer student organizations involved in fund-raising and other advancement activities.
- Executes various administrative functions such as preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Reporting to the Senior Director for Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR), this position will support the work of team members to allow a greater focus on high-level donor engagement and direct fundraising activities.
- Coordinates the development and production of all philanthropic proposals and donor impact reports using best practices to ensure high quality products.
- Drafts and submits annual online applications and other small proposals to maximize CFR leadership capacity for top tier engagement and solicitation strategies.
- Compiles content, drafts and submits required annual online stewardship reports.
- Coordinates submission of funding proposals through University of Houston Foundation, including necessary communication and appropriate UHF documentation.
- Conducts research as needed on prospective donor organizations. May assist in identifying new funding resources and developing fundraising strategies and initiatives.
- Coordinates the development of newsletters, brochures, correspondence, and informational and solicitation materials for various CFR activities.
- Maintains and monitors calendar for proposal, application, and reporting deadlines and develops timeline for each.
- Supports Senior Director for Corporate and Foundation Relations with development of CFR business plan and progress tracking.
- Assists in maintaining data accuracy for donors in the Advancement CRM system. Provides CRM query assistance.
- Supports other special projects as assigned.
Organized, innovative and collaborative professional who can help develop and execute fundraising programs for corporate and foundation donor constituent groups.
Self-starter who is able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
Requires strong communication skills.
Notes to Applicant: 1723919
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Grants & Contracts Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston