Assistant Professor - Kinesiology, Nutrition, and Recreation - Health Sciences/Athletic Training
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track)
Health Sciences/Athletic Training
College Education, Health and Human Studies
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses (12 credit hours per semester) in the Master of Science in Athletic Training, Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences, and/or other health related programs
- Serve as the third core faculty member for the Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) program
- Assist the Athletic Training Program Director and Coordinator of Clinical Education with assessment and attainment of CAATE accreditation standards
- Engage in scholarly activity
- Advise departmental majors
- Assist with departmental recruitment events
- Engage in service activities on departmental, college, and university committees
- Work collaboratively with faculty to strengthen the programs within the department
- Doctorate or ABD (with imminent completion date) in departmentally related discipline (e.g., Athletic Training, Health Sciences, Human Movement Sciences, etc.) from an accredited university
- BOC Athletic Trainer and eligible for Missouri Athletic Training Licensure
- Potential to develop a line of scholarship
- Commitment to collegiality when interacting with others in the university community
- Strong interpersonal, written, oral communication and educational technology skills
- Experience teaching Health Sciences (Applied Anatomy, Kinesiology, Movement Science preferred), Athletic Training, and/or health-related courses
- Evidence of high-quality instruction, advising, and/or mentoring students
- Membership and involvement in professional organization(s)
- Knowledge of CAATE accreditation standards
- Clinical experience as an Athletic Trainer
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multi-cultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting underrepresented groups
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate (and graduate) education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Teaching and Learning and the Office of Online Learning. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion.
Required Information & Deadline:
Application Deadline: Position is available August 1, 2021. For full consideration, applications must be received by May 28, 2021 . Review of applications will be ongoing until position is filled.
To Apply: Complete the online application by clicking on the APPLY button at the top of the page. You will need to submit the following for your application materials to be complete.
- Letter of intent addressing position requirements
- Teaching philosophy
- Current curriculum vitae
- Name and contact information of three professional references
- Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
Questions regarding the position may be directed to Kyle Schneider at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jason Wagganer at email@example.com .
Departmental Information: The Department of Kinesiology, Nutrition and Recreation is in the College of Education, Health and Human Studies and has 18 full-time faculty members serving over 450 majors. The department offers undergraduate degrees in Athletic Training, Nutrition, Health Management: Exercise Science, Health Sciences, Nutrition and Wellness, Nutritional Science, Physical Education (K-12), Recreation and Park Administration and Sport Management. Additionally, the department offers graduate degrees Nutrition and Exercise Science, Applied Nutrition, and is seeking approval for the Master of Science in Athletic Training. The department houses nationally accredited programs in Athletic Training (CAATE), Dietetics (ACEND), Physical Education (NAPSE), Recreation and Park Administration (COARP), and Sports Management (COSMA). Additional information on the department can be found at https://semo.edu/knr/
University F a cts: ?Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with five colleges, approximately 10,000 students, and a faculty and staff of over 1,050.? Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 78,000.? Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Oak Ridge
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Oak Ridge
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Oak Ridge
- Nutrition Not specified Full Time jobs in Oak Ridge
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Oak Ridge