Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Manager
University of La Verne
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Manager
Job Description Summary:
The Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Manager role is an senior-level position responsible for the technical configuration, maintenance, and oversight of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application and environment, currently Technosolutions Slate. As well as in charge of coordinating activities which enhance customer service, satisfaction, and product/service patronage to maximize service and utilization for an organization. The CRM Manager has primary responsibility for optimizing the CRM application performance, documenting the operation, and support processes and procedures related to the application and environment, investigating and resolving technical application and server environment errors, and communicating with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate. This role will be the technical lead for all things CRM.
This position will lead the effort to establish/refine policies, processes, and procedures related to maintenance, update, upgrade, integration, and development of the CRM application and environment. The CRM Manager will lead and manage all vendor relationships related to the CRM, and play a lead and facilitative role to work with third-party service providers to maintain a secure, highly available and fault-tolerant environment.
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you're passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
Maintain technical currency in CRM at all times. Play a lead and facilitative role to advocate for proper and effective usage of the CRM for all campus constituents. Ensure proper and complete technical testing, and liaise with functional leads to ensure their testing occurs in ample time, with satisfactory and documented outcomes. Provide a lead technical role in user creation, system integration, and administrative duties for CRM in collaboration with other campus departments. Communicate and liaise with all campus constituents regarding events that impact constituents. Manage software updates by researching key changes, recommending implementation decisions, collaborating with other technical and functional staff in the development and implementation of test plans and customized documentation. Collaborate with technology staff to create, change, and manage integrations between the CRM and other systems (e.g. Banner, StarRez etc.). Maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and security of the CRM system. Liaise with both technical and functional staff to plan, deploy, and support new CRM functions and related tools, working together to enhance technology solutions.
Provide expert level support and technical training to all users to assist in the proper utilization of the system. Is the lead functional and technical CRM resource. Assist peer OIT staff to provide lead CRM technical support for larger issues which impact access or operation. Manage daily technical operations related to CRM technology support. Well represent the University to build community, and serve as a liaison between OIT, Admissions, Enrollment Management, Faculty and other campus constituents. Play a lead consultative, facilitative, and ownership role as it relates to group or committee service for the CRM. Cooperate and work well with all segments of the University community.
Oversee relationships with related vendors and host providers, enforcing Service Level Agreements (SLA) and support expectations. Respond to inquiries and requests from users for technical CRM-related assistance as escalated through the support process with appropriate vendor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or similar.
- CRM hands on administrative and support experience.
- Data analytics experience supporting executives and high level organizational leaders
- 4 years - Significant CRM management experience while playing a lead and single resourced role to support CRM. Hands on experience supporting, writing, and/or implementing Integration(s) between CRMs and other systems
- 4 years - Significant Program or Project Management experience
- 3 years - Significant SQL Server query, HTML, CSS and web programming experience
- 3 years - Business intelligence and/or analytics experience; Using data to inform or drive decision making; Data governance or stewardship experience to ensuring data accuracy
- 3 years - Customer Service Lead or Management Experience for a CRM.
- 2 years- Experience in analytics, levering social media, UTM, and SEO/SEM.
- Excellent troubleshooting techniques related to software, including the ability to demonstrate effective and timely problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, a high degree of energy and initiative, adaptability, flexibility, ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills. Strongly collegial, professional, positive, and effective in the communication with and support of the CRM system for faculty, staff, and students including periods of time in which high volume admissions operations activities occur.
- Planning Skills: Able to effectively coordinate and organize customer relationship operations to ensure a satisfied clientele.
- Functional Reasoning: Requires the ability to apply principles of influence systems, such as motivation, incentive, and leadership. Ability to exercise independent judgment to apply facts and principles for developing approaches and techniques to problem resolution. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form; Situational Reasoning: Requires the ability to exercise the judgment, decisiveness and creativity required in situations involving the direction, control and planning of a project.
- Experience managing system or software changes, including researching, testing, evaluating, and communicating with users about new or increased tools and functionality.
- Highly skilled in conducting investigations to resolve complex issues and owns the problem until resolved.
- Extensive (minimum 5 years) relevant and demonstrable experience using and supporting Slate CRM in a higher education setting, specifically supporting faculty, students, and staff.
- Significant (minimum 3 years) relevant and demonstrable project Management experience; Project Management certification (e.g. PMP or equivalent).
- Significant (minimum 3 years) relevant and demonstrable experience in leading a large scale implementation, migration, or deployment of enterprise wide CRM systems.
- Significant (minimum 3 years) relevant and demonstrable experience working in a team environment and also individually.
- Significant (minimum 3 years) relevant and demonstrable experience using and supporting Ellucian Banner in a higher education setting, specifically supporting faculty, students, and staff.
- CRM Certification, or requisite demonstrable knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Knowledge or hands on-experience (minimum 3 years) Oracle database technology using PL/SQL, SQL Plus or (equivalent)
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation