Chair of Nursing
Delta State University
Chair of Nursing
Position Type: Faculty
Department: Robert E. Smith School of Nursing
Posting Number: 201201105
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Tenure/Non-Tenure: Tenure Track
Salary Basis: 12 month
1) Oversees operations of both undergraduate and graduate academic programs.
2) Coordinates curricular planning, implementation, evaluation, and revision based on analysis of data.
3) Adheres to and disseminates to faculty, students, and applicants, the federal, state, institutional, school, and contractual policies and procedures.
4) Assures compliance with legal, regulatory, ethical, and professional standards in programs.
5) Plans for personnel and other resources needed and submits requests to the Dean for annual budget preparation.
6) Facilitates communication among members of the school, institution, and community.
7) Initiates/participates in preparing/administering grant proposals, as appropriate.
8) Makes teaching assignments.
9) Plans with faculty for students' clinical needs.
10) Assures that needed agency contracts are in place for clinical learning experiences.
11) Provides leadership in the process of accreditation and continuing education program approval.
12) Maintains current materials and submits revisions for appropriate publications.
13) Encourages and supports research and other scholarly activities.
14) Participates in the design and implementation of orientation for new faculty and students.
15) Coordinates implementation of policies for student admission, progression, retention, and graduation.
16) Provides guidance to faculty and students in resolving academic concerns.
17) Conducts the hiring process of faculty members.
18) Coordinates special projects as requested by the Dean.
19) Teaches 75% during the fall semester and 50% during the spring semester.
20) Participates in DSU, SON, professional, and community service as appropriate.
21) Ex-officio member of all standing/ad hoc committees.
22) Evaluates faculty annually relative to teaching, scholarship/research, service, and practice.
23) Participates in professional development at the state, regional, and national meetings.
1) Holds an earned doctorate in nursing or related field.
2) Administrative experience in a nursing program of an institution of higher learning.
3) Eligible for appointment to a professional track.
12 monthCommensurate with experience, qualifications, and university’s resources.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Three letters of recommendation are required.
Requests for letters of recommendation will automatically be generated to the references you list on the application. They will be sent a link to allow them to submit letter directly to application.
Open Date: 02/18/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Click Here
Delta State University is committed to a policy of equal employment and educational opportunity. Delta State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy extends to all programs and activities supported by the University.