Visiting Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Title: Visiting Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Department: Natural Sciences
Term: Anticipated start - September 2021
Status: Full Time, 9-month, Benefit Eligible
Founded in 1947, Daemen College is a private, co-educational institution located on a scenic thirty-nine-acre campus in suburban Amherst, New York, which has been recognized by Money Magazine as the safest city of its size in America. The College enrolls approximately two thousand students and while most students are enrolled in undergraduate studies, the College also offers graduate programs. Daemen College is a dynamic, independent liberal arts institution committed to excellence in student centered learning. The College places special emphasis on preparing students for excellence in professional life, civic engagement, and an understanding that learning is an exciting, life long journey. In keeping with its mission, the College prizes creativity and innovation in all aspects of institutional life. Daemen College has the distinctive feature of a core curriculum that stresses competencies and integrated knowledge; special programs for student research and celebrates excellence with the annual academic festival.
Visiting Assistant Professor of Chemistry:
The Natural Sciences department at Daemen College invites applications for a one year visiting assistant professor of chemistry teaching position. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching 8 courses (lectures and labs) in the areas of General Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, and Physical Chemistry. All applicants must be willing and able to teach in face to face and online modalities. Find out more about our program: https://www.daemen.edu/academics/areas-study/natural-sciences
- A Ph. D in analytical chemistry, physical chemistry or a related discipline is required; candidates who will complete their Ph. D during the 2021-2022 academic year will also be considered.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with "active learning" in both an online and face to face modality
- Demonstrates analytical and organizational skills necessary to plan, implement and evaluate educational activities to assure compliance with established goals and objectives
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, necessary to interact effectively with all university constituents
- Experience in research, teaching, and/or service to historically underrepresented and underserved communities.
- Strong time management/organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with students, faculty, staff, and all College administration
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse populations
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching
Qualified applicants should attach a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position; a current curriculum vitae or resume; names and contact information for three (3) references; and all unofficial graduate transcripts to http://daemen.applicantpro.com. Incomplete applications or applications submitted via other methods not considered.
Review of applications will be immediate and continue until the position is filled.
This is a full-time position. Benefits are available the first of the month following the full-time employee's date of hire and include health, dental, vision insurance, and fully paid life insurance. In addition, we offer fully paid long term disability insurance after 3 months of employment. Eligibility for the 403b retirement plan is available to full-time employees upon hire and an 8%employer match after one year of service. Tuition waiver benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Daemen College is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications from women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities and candidates who will contribute to and support the cultural fluency and diversity of our campus. Apply directly at https://daemen.applicantpro.com/jobs/