Director, Enterprise Information Systems
Enterprise Information Systems
Requested Start Date:
September 1, 2021
Normal Work Schedule:
8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday-Friday, some evenings and weekends required
The Director of Enterprise Information Systems provides vision and strategic direction, in conjunction with the Vice President of Information Technology, for the oversight, design, delivery, implementation and ongoing support of the University's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software and supporting systems and applications.
· In collaboration with the leadership of the Information Technology Department, leads and motivates a staff of trained professionals with excellent customer service to plan, deliver, and maintain effective and appropriate technology services University-wide.
· Builds and develops a customer-focused team that encompasses the functions of desktop support, communication (telephone), student computer labs, common technology spaces, wireless and mobility devices, and consulting services to customers for software, hardware, telecommunications and networking needs.
· Works collaboratively with stakeholders in identifying and pursuing opportunities supporting or adapting new technologies and approaches to proactively enhance users’ knowledge and workability of information technology.
· Responsible for hiring, onboarding, training, evaluating, managing, and developing assigned staff and student employees.
· Collaborates with other areas of the Division of Information Technology to develop procedures, standards, processes and communication paths for the monitoring and support of the technology operations, infrastructure and applications.
· Responsible for the development, review, and maintenance of departmental operating procedures.
· In collaboration with representatives from various academic units, coordinates technology service delivery.
· Provides necessary input in determining the capabilities, options, and applicability of existing technologies and services in support of the University and Department’s goals.
· Develops and implements means for measuring user satisfaction and services with an expectation of ongoing improvement and evaluation of services.
· Builds, develops, coaches, mentors, and manages a customer-focused team; develops and communication team goals and objectives, and provides ongoing performance evaluations and feedback to team members.
· Responsible for the day to day management of the enterprise information systems and oversees timely delivery of services.
· Responsible for creating, overseeing, evaluating, and sustaining programs that contribute to overall professional development opportunities for JSU employees. Works collaboratively with the Department of Human Resources to identify and address Information Technology training needs for employees.
· Other related duties as assigned.
· Directs the programmers/analysts in regard to systems analysis, programming, testing, documentation, implementation, standardization and performance monitoring of all administrative software.
· Analyzes user requests for services, and evaluates such requests to determine feasibility and to identify optimal solution.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Business Administration or a related field; A Bachelor's degree and 3 years of management experience in a similar role may be substituted for a Master's degree
· five (5) years’ experience an information technology environment
· two (2) years of supervisory experience or in a lead technical role
· Strong functional and technical background using Banner software
· PMP certification
1. Cover Letter
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Jacksonville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Jacksonville
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Jacksonville