Internships Manager, CiPASS-ExL
CiPASS-ExL is a program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education to increase experiential learning and career readiness at The City College of New York. It entails the creation of new avenues for the engagement, preparation and hands-on learning of CCNY undergraduates in majors connected to NY’s growth industries. This staff member will play an important role in the creation of a progressive apprenticeship and internship track for students from multiple majors to increase exposure to experiential learning, particularly focusing on outreach to employers from in-demand sectors and occupations to develop relationships that result in internships for CCNY students. All CiPASS-ExL faculty and staff members will play a critical role in ensuring that the college’s preparation of students is aligned with industry demand. The role will involve significant work directly with NYC-based industry partners to review workshops, provide feedback on students’ job-readiness, present in the classroom and ensure that the CiPASS-ExL apprenticeship and internship track is preparing students with the academic and career readiness skills they need to succeed.
Reporting to the Director of Career and Professional Development, and co-supervised by the CiPASS-ExL Program Manager and Director, the CiPASS-ExL Internships Manager will ensure the success of the CiPASS-ExL Program and become a career and workforce development expert in the fields covered by the grant. The individual will use their expertise to assist students in developing themselves professionally to enable them to achieve their career goals, particularly focusing on experiential learning opportunities.Other Duties
- Create and implement strategies for promoting participation in the CiPASS-ExL Internship Program
- Review student transcripts and applications to verify they are eligible to participate in the CiPASS-ExL Internship Program.
- Regularly meet with students to prepare them for their professional goals in the relevant industries
- Ensure students have completed required workshops and professional training for CiPASS-ExL Internship Program
- Attend and/or complete required trainings by the university and additional training as determined by the Director
- Develop new and build on existing business and industry relationships to find and develop internship opportunities to ensure program participants have a suitable placement
- Coordinate with administrators, faculty, college personnel and industry partners to provide feedback with regards to industry trends and how to translate this for our students
- Serve as direct contact for industry partners involving all aspects of internship placements
- Participates in and advises the design, creation and implementation of a new tracking system for experiential learning for undergraduates
- Maintains student records, monitors student progress and attendance, and performs record-keeping activities as appropriate
- Provides reports to CiPASS-ExL program staff and college administration regarding the success of the CiPASS-ExL Internship Program and the trends of the relevant industries
- Supports the development, analysis, and assessment of Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) to ensure the measurement and improvement of program effectiveness in collaboration with the supervisor or site manager, and faculty mentor. Implements program modifications as necessary.
- Abide by all applicable executive orders, federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations, as well as university policies and procedures relating to adjunct faculty and general campus employment
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, manage large amounts of data and organize effectively
- Organizes special events for the CiPASS-ExL Internship Program
- Some travel to meet with industry contacts will be required once it is safe to do so again
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in a relevant field from a regionally accredited institution, with preference for familiarity with STEM fields.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in higher education, human resources, internship management, career/workforce development, or corporate recruiting; experience with STEM fields, employers, and trends a plus.
- Comfortable with reaching out and developing new employer leads for the program; prior experience helpful.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate well with students, employers, colleagues, and academic administrators and faculty.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong initiative and ability to work effectively in groups and independently.
- Prior experience with data collection and analysis.
- General technical proficiency, including data entry, records management and report generation.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your complete resume with a cover letter and a list of professional references.
For specific questions, please contact Prof. Jorge E. Gonzalez, Director of CiPASS, email@example.com.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New York City
- Business & Management Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New York City
- Business Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New York City
- Management Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New York City
- Marketing & Sales Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New York City