Coordinator of Admissions Events
TITLE: Coordinator of Admissions Events
REPORTS TO: Director of Admissions Events and Special Programs
DEPT: Admissions/Enrollment Management
REQUIREMENTS: The Coordinator of Admissions Events must have a minimum of an earned Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution and a working knowledge of college purpose and function. The Coordinator must demonstrate an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members. They must have the ability to interact in a positive and professional manner with students, faculty, administrators, staff and the public. Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the importance of good customer service as it relates to hosting off campus guests, both individually visits and for large events.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting to the Director of Admissions Events and Special Programs, the Coordinator of Admissions Events is responsible for, among other things, assisting in planning and implementing logistics for multiple admissions events, effectively relay event information to faculty and staff, coordinating the visitor reception area, supervising the student tour guide and event assistant staff, organizing and coordinating high school group visits, and providing phone coverage for the Enrollment office.
BENEFITS: This is a full-time, 12-month position. Salary is competitive and includes full College benefits and professional development opportunities.
- Answer phones and direct calls.
- Coordinate and supervise Event Assistants in the Admissions reception area.
- Coordinate and supervise Tour Guide Program.
- Oversee student staff at events and prepare assignments for all student workers.
- Communicate with Conference Services to have Admissions events added to the campus calendar.
- Prepare event information to submit for internal and external newsletters.
- Update content on event web pages and emails.
- Submit maintenance requests, publication requests and room reservations as needed.
- Process the results of evaluations of events.
- Organize tracking system for Admissions print material with the college's Publications office.
- Organize academic department cards and arsenal sheets for the Admissions office and submit print shop orders.
- Reconcile print shop receipts to Publication spreadsheet.
- Coordinate inventory loans with different campus departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Climate controlled office setting, but activities/support duties can occur both inside and outside the office setting.
Terms of Employment
The position is non-exempt (hourly), full time, thirty-five hours per week. Regular hours are Monday - Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm, but additional hours may be required for weekend events and other peak periods.
Standard Background Check Required.
This is a full-time, 12 month position. Benefits are available the first of the month following the full-time employee's date of hire and include health, dental, vision insurance, and fully paid life insurance. In addition, we offer fully paid long term disability insurance after 3 months of employment. Eligibility for the 403b retirement plan is available to full-time employees upon hire and an 8%employer match after one year of service. Excellent time off benefits for holidays, vacation and personal time is included. Tuition waiver benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
- Various trainings assigned upon hire and annually thereafter by the Office of Employee Engagement.
For consideration submit letter of interest and resume via http://daemen.applicantpro.com. Review of applicants begins immediately.
Daemen College is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications for women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, people of color and candidates who will contribute to and support the cultural fluency and diversity of our campus.