Senior Manager of Recruitment
Senior Manager of Recruitment & Compensation
PeopleSoft ID: 4425
Formal review of applications begins: May 14, 2021
Department: Human Resources
Key Position Information:
Works with managers, supervisors, employees, department administrators and applicants on position design, recruitment, hiring, classification structure and compensation.
- Federal, state and local compliance for the employment domain;
- Administers employment processes for staff positions and for faculty positions as designated;
- Provides consultation to supervisors on position design, classification and compensation systems;
- Provides training to managers and supervisors on above content areas;
- Employment and Compensation HR policy interpretation;
- Policy formulation, drafting, editing as appropriate;
- Serves as intake point for internal and external position applicants and applicant system;
- Serves as content expert for enterprise system business process design and improvement;
- Coordinates integrated processes from recruitment, pre-hire, hire, and engagement of the enterprise system by HR, hiring managers, and applicants;
- Constantly conducts pro-active pool development strategies to improve available talent and to meet diversity aspirations of the College;
- Supports formal search processes as needed;
- Oversees administration of the background screening procedures required for each position;
- May assist departments with succession planning strategies;
- May assist departments with retention strategies;
- Conducts training sessions for managers and search committees as needed;
- Travel to other locations for meetings and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in a field related to Human Resources; e.g., business administration, adult education, organizational development, psychology.
- Certification is desired as PHR (Professional in Human Resources), and SHRM CCP (Certified Compensation Professional), or equivalent.
* An equivalent combination of education, training and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job may be acceptable in lieu of the education requirements.
- Three to Five (3-5) years of professional experience across a number of the responsibility areas noted above, with particular importance on administering enterprise employment systems and on compensation administration.
- Management experience in a related setting is preferred.
- Experience in higher education, healthcare, or state government is preferred.
- Applicable federal, state and local regulations for employment and compensation domain;
- Mathematical and statistical principles and methods;
- Effective training techniques;
- Data and report presentation techniques;
- Computers, enterprise systems and related software applications;
- Human resources policy environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills for representing the College effectively and positively;
- Managing complex business processes integrated with enterprise system;
- Ability to handle issues effectively with minimum leadership support;
- Appropriate time management and responsiveness;
- Ability to be detail-oriented as needed;
- Monitoring, evaluating and inspiring employees;
These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.
Serves as a Senior Human Resources Manager, manages and coordinates a variety of Human Resources general services including employee relations, benefits, compensation, training and development, recruitment, orientation, evaluation, classification, and policies and procedures; ensures compliance with internal and external regulations.
Daily - 30%
Provides interpretation and analysis of human resource policies, practices, and work rules for employees, supervisors, and applicants.
Daily - 10%
Compiles, organizes, and analyzes a variety of data; tracks human resource metrics; creates reports; and recommends changes to policies, procedures, compensation, and/or benefit levels; maintains related records.
Daily - 20%
Coordinates the activities and functions of an assigned human resources function, which includes recommending program changes, developing program plans, coordinating programs, implementing solutions, preparing annual projections, and recommending vendors.
Daily - 20%
Monitors and tracks departmental budget; approves transfers, invoices, purchase orders, and ensures compliance with objectives and goals.
Daily - 10%
May supervise lower level HR staff, temporary and student workers to include: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff are trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; recommending and advising staff on effective strategies to meet staffing and organizational goals; and making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
Daily - 10%
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
To apply, visit https://web.spcollege.edu/hrapp/job/4425
The Board of Trustees of St. Petersburg College affirms its equal opportunity policy in accordance with the provisions of the Florida Educational Equity Act and all other relevant state and federal laws, rules and regulations. The college will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or against any qualified individual with disabilities in its employment practices or in the admission and treatment of students. Recognizing that sexual harassment constitutes discrimination on the basis of sex and violates this Rule, the college will not tolerate such conduct. Should you experience such behavior, please contact Pamela Smith, the director of EA/EO/Title IX Coordinator at 727-341-3261; by mail at P.O. Box 13489, St. Petersburg, FL 33733-3489; or by email at email@example.com.