Vice President of Communications & Marketing
The mission of the West Point Association of Graduates (WPAOG) is to “Serve West Point and the Long Gray Line”. Our vision is to ensure the Long Gray Line remains the most highly connected alumni body in the world. USMA is renowned as the world's preeminent leadership development institution. The student body, or Corps of Cadets, numbers 4,400, and each year approximately 1,000 cadets graduate and are commissioned as second lieutenants in the U.S. Army.
WPAOG is seeking a Vice President of Communications and Marketing. Responsible for development, integration and implementation of the organization’s communications and marketing program. The incumbent will be charged with building and evolving the West Point Association of Graduates’ (WPAOG) brand identity, improving brand messaging, identifying new marketing channels, and driving improved positive awareness of the WPAOG. This person reports to the CEO and will serve as a member of the Senior Management Team. The incumbent is expected to:
- Lead the planning, development, and implementation of WPAOG’s annual marketing communication plan and messaging strategy.
- Lead the WPAOG’s communications and marketing functions (both digital and print), articulate a marketing vision consistent with the organization’s strategic plan, develop WPAOG’s brand positioning, design communication/messaging strategy, set and manage brand standards and style for all marketing and communications channels.
- Develop and execute strategies and tactics to increase awareness and drive favorable opinion of WPAOG.
- Explore and recommend opportunities to sub-segment and prioritize WPAOG’s multiple target audiences to maximize their participation in WPAOG programs.
- Incorporate data analytics into the marketing plan and day-today operations.
- Serve as central coordinator of design, copy writing and production of all WPAOG marketing-related materials including: Social Media, Direct Mail, Direct Email/Email Newsletters, Telemarketing, Event marketing, Website redesign and content management, Print advertising and WPAOG programs and member benefits.
- Develop and execute strategies and tactics to drive increased involvement and commitment to West Point in terms of time, talent, and treasure.
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of existing and proposed marketing and communications strategies and vehicles; establishing defined goals, objectives and metrics for all activities and monitoring progress toward fulfillment
- Collaborate with offices across campus including the USMA Public Affairs Office (PAO), USCC, the Athletic Department, the Dean’s office (to include Academic departments) to help keep the Long Gray Line connected to West Point and each other.
- Play a leadership role in risk and crisis management, including establishing crisis communications and collaboration with USMA PAO.
The Vice President will be expected to possess a collaborative working style and be comfortable in a matrixed organization. Strong organizational and analytical skills and excellent oral and written communications are required. Human Centered Design thinking is pervasive in the organization so technical understanding is beneficial. The incumbent must have a successful track record of developing and executing comprehensive, effective integrated marketing and communication programs, including strong working knowledge of online marketing, digital engagement, direct marketing, print production, event marketing, grassroots marketing, peer-to-peer marketing, and CRM program development. Incumbent should have strong experience and willingness to incorporate data analytics into the program to both tailor messaging and broadly improve results. The Vice President must also possess experience with strategic re-branding and brand repositioning and be a hands-on leader willing to roll up sleeves and actively engage with project execution. Finally, the Vice President must be a highly motivated leader and self-starter with positive, unflappable “Can Do” attitude, the ability to work independently, set and achieve goals/objectives, and the ability to motivate staff and peers to succeed.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required; a Master’s degree is preferred, with eight to ten years in senior marketing management, integrated communications and/or advertising agency environment. We offer excellent benefits and a pleasant working environment. Salary commensurate with skills and experience. Please submit cover letter, resume and letters of reference.
West Point Association of Graduates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
View our website at: www.westpointaog.org
More searches like this
- Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in West Point
- Other Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in West Point
- Jobs Outside Academe Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in West Point
- Non-profit & Government Organizations Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in West Point