Online Student Success & Learning Technology Coordinator
eLearning Miami: The Online Student Success & Learning Technology Coordinator collaborates with student success and learning technology team members to analyze and determine student support and learning technology needs. This role provides support within Miami Online’s varying learning technologies, including Canvas, Asana, classroom dashboards, ticket system, support solutions, and other available tools. The position will be responsible for supporting Miami Online student success programs and initiatives, monitoring dashboard systems and working with student success staff to assist in concern resolutions, collaborating within and across departments to assist in technology and student success growth, and will serve as the primary contact for resolving learning technology issues by resolving technology tickets from faculty and staff. In addition, the position will work with Miami Online leadership to develop, collaborate, and assist in the creation of other student success reporting and documentation tools and resources. Position is a one-year appointment with the potential for renewal based on funding and performance.
Duties include and are not limited to the following:
- Work as a key partner in Miami Online student success operations
- Work with leadership to determine student success performance as it relates to Miami Online programs
- Work with Miami enrollment and campus student success on collaboration projects and needs
- Monitor and report student retention concerns to Miami Online leadership and take steps for resolution as directed
- Monitor and maintain classroom dashboard systems and work with Miami Online leadership and staff to assist in issue resolution related to classroom performance
- Under the direction of Miami Online leadership, create and develop student success related documentation tools for tracking and data collection
- Stay up-to-date with current and potential student success solutions that make a positive impact for fully-online students, faculty support, and learning technologies
- Work with Miami Online leadership to communicate and deliver student success and learning technology needs with other campus partners
- Assist in managing the maintenance of Canvas, Asana, ticket system, support solutions, and other key Miami Online support platforms
- At the request of leadership, assist in the development, design, and implementation of technology tools, student success reporting tools, documentation, and resources
- Take appropriate action to identify, investigate, and resolve user issues quickly and understand when best to escalate them due to their potential impact
- Monitor issues, system/data, or process gaps, and proactively identify potential ways to increase efficiency and improve user experience
- Research, evaluate, and deploy new technologies in response to pedagogical needs
- Cross-functional collaboration and coordination with other Miami Online staff to ensure alignment and systems utilization.
- Maintain both professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and pursuing related professional development opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned to contribute to the success of Miami University.
Bachelor’s degree in educational technology, education administration, information technology, organizational development, or other related discipline
Associates degree and four or more years of related experience may be used in lieu of undergraduate degree requirement
- Two or more years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in supporting technology and/or student success support programs preferably in an educational setting
- Knowledge of current and emerging learning technologies
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills, including the ability to communicate with campus senior leadership
- Knowledge of current instructional design frameworks and methods, as well as QM and OLC standards
- Experience collecting and reporting on key metrics related to learning technology services
- Experience in technology resolution with faculty and students
- Proficient in using Excel, project and/or time management software, LMS systems (Canvas, Blackboard, etc.), and reporting/documentation software
Position not eligible for H1B sponsorship.
Consideration may be given to candidates with:
- Master's degree in educational technology, education administration, information technology, organizational development, or other related discipline
- 3+ years of experience with learning management systems (Canvas, Blackboard, Brightspace, Moodle, Sakai) and video repository systems
- Expertise with creating responsive web pages that meet WCAG standards
- Experience creating user documentation with multimedia tools, including video, interactive digital content, and text/graphics
- Knowledge of user experience (UX) and/or learning experience (LX) design principles
- Experience in technology-focused organizational development and leadership
Submit a cover letter and resume to http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/498541?lApplicationSubSourceID. Inquiries may be directed to Timothy Baltrip at baltritr@MiamiOH.edu. Screening of applications will begin May 20, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.