Assistant Director, Student Financial Planning
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), School of Nursing (SON) is currently recruiting for an Assistant Director, Student Financial Planning to support the Office of Student and Academic Services.
Accountability | Civility | Collaboration | Diversity | Excellence | Knowledge | Leadership
At the University of Maryland, Baltimore, we are driven by our seven core values, philosophy, and daily business and education practices of our University. This position supports the achievement of student educational goals through three main thrusts – by providing counseling designed to help students structure their finances in a way that supports their attainment of their educational goals, to provide prospective students a realistic picture of their financial outlook prior to enrolling in our programs, and ensuring that scholarships are administered and reconciled accurately.
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Assist students in all aspects of student financial planning and debt counseling programs.
- Develop financial planning materials for students and admitted applicants, counsel’s students individually and in group settings, and helps them establish short and long-term debt management plans.
- Analyze and differentiate between complex financial product types available through all sources, and appraise alternate financial strategies.
- Coordinate with the campus UMB Office of Enrollment (OOE) Administration, serving as the school’s primary contact.
- Assist students in identifying their financial goals and objectives. Synthesize individualized financial plans, aligning student’s unique circumstances with available strategies and products.
- Help students establish short and long-term debt management plans and budgeting.
- Understand and be able to communicate to students the complex policies and procedures relating to federal student loans.
- Serve as an intermediary between students and the OEE to resolve problems.
- Manage and monitor the award to the school of private scholarship funds.
- Develop information as needed for UMB OOE financial aid reporting.
- Develop educational and programmatic materials related to sound financial management strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: Three (3) years of professional experience in an educational setting.
Preferred Experience: Experience working in student enrollment or advising services such as: admissions, financial aid/scholarships, academic advising, or registration.
Supervisory Experience: Two (2) years of experience preferred.
Other: Related experience may be substituted for education.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Knowledge of position requirements. Knowledge of all applicable requirements, regulations, and laws. Skill in effective use of applicable technology/systems. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to work cooperatively with others and independently. Ability to demonstrate, understand, apply, and adhere to the UMB Core.
Hiring Range: Low to mid-$60,000s; Commensurate with education and experience
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at HRJobs@umaryland.edu.
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a https://umbforms.wufoo.com/forms/umb-job-applicant-accommodation-request/" href="https://umbforms.wufoo.com/forms/umb-job-applicant-accommodation-request/" target="_blank">UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact HRDiversity@umaryland.edu. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Financial Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Financial Aid Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore