Under the supervision of the PI, works independently in environmental epidemiology research including reviewing the literature, abstracting and managing data, conducting statistical analyses and summarizing results in tables, figures, reports and manuscripts. Support the conduct of field studies. Assists with developing grant applications.
- Perform literature reviews, prepares evidence tables and summarizes findings.
- Abstract and manages data from multiple sources for use in epidemiological investigations.
- Conduct statistical analyses for evaluating exposure-outcome associations; Prepares figures and tables summarizing results of epidemiological analyses; Drafts and edits manuscripts for publication to peer-reviewed journals.
- Assist in field research activities for primary data collection, including those associated with disaster research response (DR2).
- Assist in the preparation of grant applications.
- Provide epidemiological and statistical analysis expertise for
other projects in the Department.
- Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate is required.
- Doctoral degree in Epidemiology, Environmental Health Sciences or a related field.
- hree years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research
- Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- Experience in lieu of a doctoral degree will be accepted.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., SAS or R).
- Evidence of scientific writing is a plus.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston