2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy,, Plano Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced Administrative Assistant .
Candidate should be available to work evenings and weekends for performance events. Experience with UniversityTickets preferred. Familiarity with social media preferred.
Provide administrative support to a department/division and assist with projects, programs, and special events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process, maintain, and verify data, records, files, and databases related to department/division operations; report discrepancies to the director; make corrections as needed.
- Assist with department/division reports, projects, special events, ceremonies, receptions, and/or course schedules.
- Greet office visitors, answer telephone, and respond to requests from staff members, faculty, students, and other departments.
- Collect, compile, and disseminate data; create and distribute reports.
- Maintain accounting records related to department/division accounts payable, accounts receivable, check requests, and/or budgets.
- Receive, prepare, sort, and classify correspondence, training guides, notices, brochures, and other documents.
- Establish systems to effectively maintain and track department/division files, records, and paperwork.
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and/or classroom visits for the department/division head.
- Assist department with purchasing office supplies and equipment in accordance with department/division policies and needs.
- May scan and file class grades by department and instructor.
- May attend meetings; record and prepare meeting minutes; compile, copy and distribute related reports or board packets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and two (2) years of administrative office experience required OR High school diploma or GED and four (4) years of administrative office experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate Microsoft Office knowledge
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping/accounting
- Knowledge of department/division policies, procedures and programs, as well as policies and procedures of outside agencies with whom the department/division interacts
- Knowledge of department/division systems
- Knowledge of department/division specific equipment and supplies
- May require knowledge of adviser menu for issuing degree audits
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Collaboration skills
- Customer Service skills
- Problem solving skills
- Conflict management skills
- Ability to interact with staff, Board, donors, students, faculty, vendors, and/or Department Chairs
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to be self-motivated and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to operate, understand, and prepare reports using department-specific software and systems
- Ability to maintain department information accurately
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to effectively utilize advanced computer software applications and peripherals
- Ability to plan and execute various aspects of programs
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $16.49 - 16.49
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney