Office Manager, Information Technology
The Information Technology and Office of Institutional Effectiveness invites applications for an Office Manager (Program Coordinator II). This position will provide coverage for the Office of Information Technology and Office of Institutional Effectiveness main office reception area and performs information technology tasks such as data entry, data analysis and handling billing and procard redistribution. This position also performs duties related to customer service, processing mail, and directing calls. In addition, this position provides direct clerical support to the AVP/Chief Information Officer. This position requires a high degree of independence, decision-making, and initiative in performing complex tasks associated with IT and IE.
Specific duties to be performed include:
- Clerical duties such as IT bill payment and procard management
- Work with vendors and IT staff to process yearly utilities contracts
- Provide updates to IT staff regarding status of utilities contracts
- Work with various staff across campus to process campus wide contracts
- Work with campus wide staff to complete chargebacks for campus contracts when applicable
- Act as liaison between Human Resources and IT department
- Work with UM Budget Office staff to understand and provide updates regarding IT’s budget
- Act as the Student Computer Fee Liaison
- Complete department supply orders
- Provide administrative assistance to the AVP/CIO
- Other duties as assigned
This position requires incumbent to develop a working knowledge of University of Montana specific programs such as Banner, EPROP, U-Approve, UMDW and GrizMart.
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience in administrative work in an office setting
- Excellent task management skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively; both verbally and in writing
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with office hardware (computers, telephones, printers, scanners) and software, including the following Microsoft products: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Publisher
- Provides high quality customer service orientation
- Strong ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to use high-level discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of colleagues at all administrative levels
Minimum Required Experience
- Associates degree in business, accounting, or general AAS degree and two (2) years of relevant administrative experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Administrative experience in a university setting
- Familiarity with University of Montana processes and procedures
- Familiarity with UM specific programs such as Banner, EPROP, U-Approve, UMDW, and Grizmart or aptitude to quickly learn
About IT and UM
Information Technology (IT) reports to the President of The University of Montana. IT is a campus service organization that provides computing and communication resources in support of the instructional, research, administrative, and public service activities of The University of Montana. IT maintains and operates complex information systems to support the University's administrative activities and offers a variety of technology support services to assist the University in using the resources and services that IT is responsible for providing.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Program Coordinator II
Position Number: 081450
Department: Information Technology
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Monday, May 24, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner