I-CARE Case Manager
I-CARE Case Manager
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Asst. Dean Of Students
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The I-CARE Case Manager reports directly to the Associate Dean of Students (ADOS) and serves on the I-CARE Behavioral Intervention Team. The I-CARE Case Manager works to foster student development and to offer a supportive, personalized response when difficulties arise. In addition, the I-CARE Case Manager is responsible for case management and works closely with the ADOS to address and coordinate the needs of students who have health, psychological, economic, family relationships, and/or social adjustment-related problems through a variety of interventions, referrals and follow up services. Provides consultation to faculty, staff, academic departments, and parents, when appropriate, to minimize academic disruptions and help resolve problems affecting students in distress. The case manager also works closely with the Student Conduct Officers to address concerning behaviors that may also be an I-CARE concern. The person in this position is responsible for developing partnerships across campus and with local agencies and organizations in the community to provide and connect students to resources and services.
Provide case management for student of concern cases:
- Take reports, investigate concerns, evaluate, and present cases to I-CARE Team. Serve as a point of contact and provide consultation for campus community members who are seeking guidance and advice about our services for students who may be experiencing distress; also communicate possible intervention steps and procedures. Manage and make appropriate referrals to on-campus resources and community-based resources. Serve as a member of the I-CARE Behavioral Intervention Team and communicate to the team current information related to cases concerning students in distress; work closely with the ADOS and assist in determining appropriate action to take on referred cases. Coordinate and implement recommendations to the I-CARE team regarding students in distress.
- Coordinate follow-up and tracking of students in distress to monitor progress and ensure compliance with recommendations; maintain confidential student records. Complete documentation and maintain record keeping of ICARE cases in Maxient.
- Collaborate with the Student Conduct Officer(s) to assist in the facilitation of behavior intervention strategies in student conduct cases, when needed.
Complete administrative duties as follows:
- Assist the ADOS with the updates and maintenance of the ICARE Manual, the website, community resource provider list and all marketing materials. Research, design, and implement training sessions and presentations for the campus community. Compile, analyze, and manage all data and information in the Maxient database system regarding ICARE concerns. Prepare monthly and annual reports of ICARE cases. Establish working relationships with community mental health providers and other support agencies.
Provide outreach and education to campus community:
- Provide support and outreach to staff and faculty when distressed students are identified, and support is needed. Serve as the first staff member for student intervention, including outreach to students who may be reluctant to seek support services on their own. Work closely with the University Counseling Center (UCC), the Health Center (UHC), Disability Services, University Police Department (UPD) and other campus constituents in coordinating referrals and services.
- Serve as a back-up for the Chair of the I-CARE Team in his/her absence. Keep abreast of federal and state policies and laws that will affect the scope or practice of case management. Serve on departmental and campus committees and projects. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Counseling, Psychology, Student Affairs/ Higher Education Administration, or closely related field.
- Five (5) years of professional experience in related setting.
- Experience in crisis management and response.
- Experience in facilitating training and/or presentations to student, staff, or faculty.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Intermediate knowledge of computer fundamentals, ability to use proprietary software and web-based computer applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact effectively with students, faculty/staff, community providers and parents. Ability in managing difficult and complex situations involving students.
- Excellent attention to details. Knowledgeable about and skilled in working with a variety of mental and physical health providers and community agencies, crisis management/prevention, educational outreach to students, staff, faculty, and parents.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others within a multidisciplinary team environment; evidence of effective collaborative relationships with students, faculty and/or staff.
- Ability to develop and maintain case management files, referral resources and community services
- Ability to maintain confidentiality based on relevant laws, policies and/or procedures.
- Master's degree in Counseling, Psychology, Student Affairs/ Higher Education Administration or closely related field.
- One (1) year of experience in mental health case management or referral.
- Knowledge of utilizing electronic case management system.
- Experience working in a college or university setting in the area of case management.
- Experience using a database management system such as Maxient, Symplicity, or a case management database system.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/I-CARE-Case-Manager_R-037697-1