FINANCIAL AID COORDINATOR
FINANCIAL AID COORDINATOR
Posting Number: SRGV5050
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Brownsville, Texas
Department: Financial Aid
Scope of Job:
To administer financial aid programs within the office of Student Financial Services by managing the daily functions required of specific financial aid programs, including quality control, fund utilization, and program implementation. Responsible for decision making processes requiring initiative and judgment in responding to individual needs of students for administration of one or more programs areas within the office of Student Financial Services, and for the development of information and repost as required by financial aid programs.
Description of Duties:
• Coordinates assigned student financial aid program.
• May coordinate and implement trainings for departmental staff.
• Monitors standards of quality control for financial aid programs.
• Maintains compliance of State/Federal/Institutional programs.
• Reconciles financial aid program accounts with the Financial Aid Accounting Office.
• Prepares and reviews reports and data for internal and external reporting and perform statistical analysis.
• Monitors federal/state/institutional fund allocations in the awarding and disbursing process.
• Communicates with federal and state agencies, as well as current and potential students regarding financial aid related issues.
• Reviews financial aid recipients’ academic performance for satisfactory progress, takes necessary action if progress is not met, and reviews appeals.
• Identifies program issues and works with management to resolve them.
• Supervises waged employees in the administration of program(s).
• Attends meetings, seminars and or/conferences and performs frequent liaison activity with external agencies.
• Counsels financial aid students and make decisions regarding awards.
• Interprets and implements regulations set forth by federal and state agencies.
• Serves as liaison between the Office of Student Financial Aid and other campus departments, as well as federal and state agencies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University. Related work experience can be substituted for education on a 2-for-1 basis.
Two (2) years work experience in a closely related field to the duties being performed.
Work experience in Financial Aid.
Proficiency in MS Microsoft Office products and ability to learn other software programs.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual office environment.
Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills as well as excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented. Ability to multi-task, demonstrate computational ability and respond effectively in a variety of situations and work effectively in team situations. Some travel will be required as well as flexibility to work evenings and/ or weekends.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 05/07/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/28333