Instructor - Hospitality, Sport & Recreation Management, Hart School
The Hart School of Hospitality, Sport and Recreation Management at James Madison University invites applications for an Instructor in Hospitality, Sport and Recreation Management. The position is a non-renewable one year appointment beginning in Fall 2021. Candidates must be able to be on campus for a start date of mid-August 2021. The position is a full-time position in Harrisonburg, Virginia, and is benefits eligible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities involve teaching courses in the Hospitality and Sport and Recreation Management Programs, such as leadership, programming/events, and management. Professional experience in hospitality, sports, recreation or tourism is desired but not required. This position has a four/four teaching load during the regular academic year and class sizes typically range from 30 to 50 students. Additional teaching opportunities and specific assignments are dependent upon departmental needs.
Required qualifications include a master’s degree in hospitality, sports and recreation or a related field and either: multi-year experience teaching hospitality or sport and recreation management at the collegiate level or professional management work experience in hospitality or sport and recreation operations or related field with evidence of training/mentoring others. Preference will be given to candidates with at least one degree in Hospitality, Sport or Recreation Management.
The names and contact information for three references will be requested as part of the application. Each reference listed will receive an email requesting that they submit a reference through the JobLink system.
All candidates must apply for this position using JMU’s on-line job application system. To apply, visit http://joblink.jmu.edu/postings/9071 or go to JobLink.jmu.edu and reference posting number F1611.
Candidates will complete the application and attach the following documents:
- Cover letter. In addition to articulating interest and qualifications, this document must include a discussion of the candidate’s contributions or potential contributions to the diversity of the classroom, program, and university.
- Resume (including e-mail address, telephone, mailing address).
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy.
- Two semesters of relevant student evaluations (if applicable).
Application review begins June 4, 2021. For more information, contact Dr. Pam Li at email@example.com.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. We promote access, inclusion and diversity for all students, faculty, staff, constituents and programs, believing that these qualities are foundational components of an outstanding education in keeping with our mission. The university is interested in candidates whose experience and qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg
- Professional Fields Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg
- Other Professional Fields Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg
- Home Economics & Consumer Sciences Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg