Clinical Assistant Professor - Organizational Performance & Workplace Learning
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
The OPWL department is part of a vibrant College of Engineering. The OPWL department serves a diverse student body worldwide by providing online Master’s degree and graduate certificate programs. With approximately 22,000 students, Boise State is the largest university in Idaho.
You can find out more about OWPL here: http://www.boisestate.edu/opwl
The Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning (OPWL) department at Boise State University invites applications for a nine-month non-tenure track faculty position at the clinical assistant professor level, starting August 2021 (Fall semester) or January 2022 (Spring semester). Additional summer teaching opportunities are available and optional.
This Clinical Assistant Professor position focuses on teaching (60-80%) and service (40-20%), but not research. We seek candidates who are interested in devoting their academic careers to providing students with quality online courses and industry-oriented learning experiences. The faculty member will work on campus to develop and teach graduate-level online courses and provide services, with a focus on the following areas:
- Instructional design
- eLearning design and development
- Adult learning principles and training practices
- Learning experience and user experience design
- Student internships, career advising, outreach, and networking
This non-tenure track position is supported by a solid and reliable budget, allowing the faculty member to plan long-term employment and promotion.
- An earned doctorate in instructional design, instructional technology, e-learning, training and development, adult education, or a related field is required at the time of appointment and documented experience in creating instructional and e-learning solutions for adult learners in the workplace. (We will consider ABDs, but a selected candidate must possess an earned doctoral degree at the time of appointment.)
- Working knowledge of e-learning development based on principles of adult learning and instructional design, including experience with e-learning development tools such as Articulate 360, Captivate, and Camtasia.
- Working knowledge of industry learning management systems
Candidates with the following experience and characteristics are preferred:
- Teaching graduate-level online courses using a learning management system (especially, Canvas).
- Supervising student projects on workplace instructional design and e-learning.
- 3-5 years of working in industry as an instructional design and e-learning developer, designing and developing synchronous/asynchronous eLearning, face-to-face instruction, and blended learning interventions to close workplace performance gaps in business, military, government, and/or nonprofit settings.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Creative and technically savvy to keep up with fast-changing technology-driven e-learning trends.
Required Application Materials:
- A cover letter indicating interests and qualifications;
- A current CV with names and contact information for three professional references;
- A link to a Google Drive folder that provides two samples of recent (within the last five years) e-learning projects developed in Articulate 360 or Storyline, Captivate, or Camtasia (make the Google Drive folder either publicly available or accessible by OPWLsearch@boisestate.edu). The sample may be a zip file containing an executable e-learning program and/or storyboards.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Boise
- Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Boise
- Other Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Boise
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Boise
- Engineering Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Boise