Business Associate II
Business Associate II
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
- This position is responsible for all business matters for the University Police Department including assisting with budget processes, supply ordering, scheduling Chief calendar, report production and correspondence, and personnel onboarding.
Functional Area 1: Budget
Percent Effort: 60%
- Assist with monitoring of the overall budget. Assist in the review, research, reconciling, and reporting on status of accounts/budgets within FAMIS/Canopy. Act on behalf of the Chief of Police to stakeholders. Prepare financial statements.
- Investigate errors on transactions and recommend and coordinate appropriate corrective action. Respond to inquiries from vendors and business units or departments.
- Responsible for purchasing, maintaining physical inventory, ordering supplies for entire department. Responsible for p-card reconciliation and expense reports.
- Book airline, hotel, and other travel reservations to include conference registration. Handle cancellations and changes. Process travel authorizations and expense reimbursements using Concur for entire department.
Functional Area 2: Personnel Activities
Percent Effort: 30%
- Handle all Workday hire and termination actions for temporary and student employees. Run hire/onboarding reports to verify outstanding/pending items are completed.
- Prepare and review electronic documents for student assistants which includes assisting with payroll, personnel, or other business documents. Run reports to verify outstanding/pending items for review/approval are completed. Responsible for maintaining and auditing personnel files for temporary/ student employees.
- Assist new employees in completing payroll, personnel, or other business documents. Assist employees in reviewing timesheets, ensuring students time entries are accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Serve as a liaison with financial, payroll, and/or human resources to help investigate and correct errors.
Functional Area 3: Other
Percent Effort: 10%
- Provide administrative support for staff in the creation of documents, correspondence, department marketing materials, scheduling meetings, compiling minutes and data for special projects, etc
- Assist with report production and correspondence. Attend meetings with Chief of Police and serve in capacity of note taker.
- Maintain calendar and weekly schedule for Chief.
- Coordinate, schedule, and plan office events for campaigns, university fairs, and presentations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Four (4) years of related experience in general office, bookkeeping, or personnel operations.
- Additional education may be considered as a substitution for
the minimum experience requirement to include:
- Associate's degree and two (2) years or
- Bachelor's degree
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented. Ability to perform effectively under conditions of fluctuating workload and very diverse faculty, staff, and students.
- Experience in analyzing/reconciling accounts, preparing financial reports, budget, payroll, and/or grants/contracts experience.
- Experience with FAMIS/Canopy, CONCUR, Workday, Data Warehouse/Business Objects.
- $13.01/hr - $17.75/hr
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Business-Associate-II_R-037763-1