Occupational Therapist Faculty Position
The Division of Occupational Therapy at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) seeks to fill two 12-month faculty positions, rank commensurate with experience. The faculty members will have primary responsibilities teaching in the Occupational Therapy Doctoral (OTD) Entry-Level and Post-Professional programs and will be in the academic educator or academic researcher track. The candidates also will have the opportunity to work with enthusiastic faculty colleagues on scholarship and research.
The Division of Occupational Therapy is housed in the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, College of Health Professions. The College consists of four departments and twelve health professions programs and is housed within an academic health science center known for excellence in education, clinical care, and research. The College is a national leader in education, scholarship, and research with several externally funded research centers. Start-up resources are available to support research development.
The MUSC Division of Occupational Therapy is among the nation's finest, ranked in the top ten percent (#13) by US News and World Report. The program offers an Entry-Level OTD curriculum which culminates with an individualized capstone experience and project. The curriculum is full-time, year-round, and takes three years to complete.
The MUSC Division of Occupational Therapy also offers a Post-Professional OTD designed for experienced occupational therapists who desire to advance their careers. The program is currently part-time, completed online with three in-person sessions during the program, and takes five semesters to complete.
Qualified applicants for these full-time faculty positions must have:
- Terminal doctoral academic degree (e.g., OTD, PhD, EdD, DSc).
- Experience in academic occupational therapy education.
- At least three years of clinical practice experience.
- History of research/scholarly activity relevant to occupational therapy practice, rehabilitation science, health services, or
- Active licensure as an OT with the potential to transfer a license to SC.
Duties of the Faculty Members
- Teach courses in the Entry-Level and Post-Professional OTD programs. Content expertise in musculoskeletal conditions, psychosocial/behavioral health, and/or pediatrics preferred.
- Develop and maintain a program of scholarship/research within and/or outside of the Division, Department, College, and the MUSC enterprise.
- Engage in service activities to the Division, Department, College, MUSC enterprise, and the profession of occupational therapy.
- Opportunities for clinical practice are available.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Teacher Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Occupational Therapy Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Charleston