Director of Academic Operations (Curriculum & Pathways), #35169
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, in the heart of growing St. Charles County. At St. Charles Community College, we have a passion for student success. We serve a growing diverse student population, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff who will help prepare our students for a global society. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated success in serving diverse student populations.
We invite qualified candidates to apply for our full-time, Director of Academic Operations position. Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, this position provides effective leadership and oversight for the overall management of the curriculum, academic policies, and pathways. The position works with faculty and department chairs to develop curriculum and implement policies and procedures that will ensure compliance with the Missouri Department of Higher Education standards, regional accreditation requirements, program specific accreditation requirements, and institutional mandates. As an integral part of the Academic Affairs staff, this position is expected to serve as an engaged and involved team member with the ability to partner with internal and external colleagues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees the curriculum process for the development of new programs and new course proposals, as well as revisions to existing curriculum.
- Provides assistance to the Deans and faculty as they 1) utilize backwards design to develop academic programs, and 2) review curriculum (including programs and courses)
- Serves on the college-wide Curriculum committee, as appointed, to consult with discipline faculty/academic administrators concerning their draft(s) of curriculum proposals in support of the college-wide Curriculum committee. Advises the Vice President for Academic Affairs on all curricular changes proposed by the Curriculum committee and prepares and submits the material necessary for state approval and regional accreditation approval as necessary.
- Provides consultation to Vice Presidents or other key leaders with policy interpretation in the overall development of the College Catalog in relation to curriculum.
- Maintains Core-42 updates and other curriculum submissions through the Missouri Department of Higher Education.
- Remains current on best practices for academic and curriculum programs and creating responsive curriculum services resources.
- Provides leadership and oversight in the creation of a Pathways program. Works with deans, faculty and advising to ensure Pathways are updated and effectively serve students' needs.
- Works with faculty to evaluate placement and course pre-requisites to ensure clear and consistent pathways for student success.
- Works with deans and department chairs to maintain necessary requirements for program accreditation.
- Maintains curricular inventory for HLC Institutional Update, federal reporting, and state reporting. Assists the VPAA in leading and coordinating accreditation efforts.
- Ensures that all academic departments under the direction of the VPAA maintain program accreditations and keep program accreditations updated on website, with Department of Education, HLC, MDHE, and other entities.
General Academic Affairs
- Evaluate overload requests made by students in response to their academic record and ability to succeed based on proposed schedule. Make recommendation to VPAA for approval or denial of said requests and communicate those decisions to the student and advising.
- Assists the Vice President for Academic Affairs with the development and implementation of policies related to the governance and structure of the college's curriculum policies, procedures, and revisions. Collaborates with faculty and administration to write/revise academic policies.
- Provides timely and accurate reports as required for state, federal and accreditation agencies for academic programs under the direction of the VPAA.
- Provide leadership for and/or complete special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
- Build relationships with all departments to effectively support students.
- Maintain confidentiality of all departmental and institutional information in accordance with the Privacy Act as well as established policies and procedures governing the release of information.
- Knowledge and understanding of administrative policies and procedures.
- Innovative, positive approach in seeking out new methods and principles and incorporating them into existing practices.
- Work effectively with autonomy and in a team environment.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning
- Five years of experience in academic affairs or related area of higher education
- Some teaching in higher education
- Understanding of student management system programs.
- Data analysis experience.
- Knowledge of state and federal education departments and requirements related to higher education
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite)
- Experience working within a college setting
- Understanding of best practices in curriculum and learning
- Master's Degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Three years of experience in administration of higher education
- Teaching experience in higher education
- Experience with Colleague
- Experience working within a community college setting
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.